3 days post hysterectomy: bad throat pain from intubation | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 days post hysterectomy: bad throat pain from intubation 3 days post hysterectomy: bad throat pain from intubation

Unread 06-21-2014, 06:05 AM
3 days post hysterectomy: bad throat pain from intubation

Third day out and my throat hurts so bad when I swallow my ear hurts. Anyone else have that much pain from intubation ???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2014, 03:16 PM
Re: 3 days post hysterectomy: bad throat pain from intubation

I had the worst throat pain and black and blue under my chin. Actually the throat pain was worse than any pain where the surgery was. I got butterscotch sucking candy and that helped and I put arnica on the bruise. The other pain I had was black and blue where they had taken blood. I had no problems where they put the IV"s in. I also drank ice tea that I had pre made with hibiscus and ginger and I don't know if it soothed the throat but it did help with bloating and gas and also with my blood pressure which was acting crazy as it always does for me when I have medical issued.
Unread 06-22-2014, 08:40 AM

Thank you. I've tried honey and some tea but not the butterscotch a or ginger. It's so weird to me the extreme amount it hurts. Like it's been scraped off all the way down. There is no external bruising at my neck area. How long did the throat pain last??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2014, 09:33 AM

Throat pain from intubation may last as long as 10 days. I used throat spray and had frozen pops ready at all times in the freezer. Avoid eating foods with extreme temperatures as they seem to increase pain. Sleeping propped up on pillow until your throat heals will also help (plus it makes getting out of bed easier). Every day gets a little better.

Hugs!
Unread 06-22-2014, 12:38 PM
3 days post hysterectomy: bad throat pain from intubation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth barn View Post
Thank you. I've tried honey and some tea but not the butterscotch a or ginger. It's so weird to me the extreme amount it hurts. Like it's been scraped off all the way down. There is no external bruising at my neck area. How long did the throat pain last??
I think a week maybe less and I took pain pills for a week, too. After that I had vaginal discomfort but I had that when I had the D&C . Dr. told me to take Motrin for that as there were stitches there. The motrin worked. My stomach is hurting as I did too much yesterday - laundry and stuff like that. So I am resting today as much as I can. My son had a flat tire and i had to go help him, then did food shopping which I hadn't done. Now I'm resting with my cat.
Unread 06-22-2014, 04:13 PM

Today (day 8) is the first day I haven't experienced any through pain. Day 6 was the worst for some reason.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register