dVH/RALH 7 days post hysterectomy and with bathroom pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

7 days post hysterectomy and with bathroom pain 7 days post hysterectomy and with bathroom pain

Unread 08-28-2015, 04:57 PM
7 days post hysterectomy and with bathroom pain

Had my Davinci hysterectomy on 8/21. Finally had my first BM but now I have a lot of pain and pressure while going, especially in my rear end. That's pretty much my signal to go, sharp pain radiating from my stomach to my rear. Its unbearable. Ive stopped the narcotics and just taking OTC pain meds and def not constipated, just a lil frustrated.

Also, kept both ovaries only and getting a lil emotional. Is that normal? I know the stress of surgery, recovery and reg life can boost your emotions, but I feel overly emotional at times. I guess being stuck at the house doesnt help my mood any either.

On a positive note, a lot of the pain has subsided and I can get around pretty good even though it does wear me out a bit. Hopefully I'm on the upswing!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2015, 05:04 PM
Re: 7 days postop and with bathroom pain

I had my surgery Friday too. I still have a lot of pain. So taking both the over the counter for inflammation and the pain meds the doctor prescribed for pain. I get tired really easy too so I sleep a lot. I had BM yesterday but not much of one. I've been taking stool softeners everyday too. I wish I were on the upswing. I kept my ovaries too they took everything else. I'm having weepy moments too and just feel hypersensitive. Right now my doctor thinks that it's the stress of the surgery and recovery. We are asking our bodies for a lot. Go for my first post op in a few days. If I'm still feeling weepy they will do lab work test hormone levels and thyroid. Good luck
Lisa
Unread 08-28-2015, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Born View Post
Had my Davinci hysterectomy on 8/21. Finally had my first BM but now I have a lot of pain and pressure while going, especially in my rear end. That's pretty much my signal to go, sharp pain radiating from my stomach to my rear. Its unbearable. Ive stopped the narcotics and just taking OTC pain meds and def not constipated, just a lil frustrated.

Also, kept both ovaries only and getting a lil emotional. Is that normal? I know the stress of surgery, recovery and reg life can boost your emotions, but I feel overly emotional at times. I guess being stuck at the house doesnt help my mood any either.

On a positive note, a lot of the pain has subsided and I can get around pretty good even though it does wear me out a bit. Hopefully I'm on the upswing!!!
Hello I am one day post op and already having pain on my rectum( tmi) also a little spasms when I pee... I started taking laxatives today because I'm so scared...I can't wait to be on upswing...ugh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2015, 10:51 AM

For the bowel pain, try magnesium, which helps to co-ordinate the muscular contractions in the intestines; you can find it in leafy greens, pumpkin seeds, dark chocolate, or a good quality supplement. The mood swings are perfectly normal at this stage, because it's quite common for the ovaries to temporarily shut down following a hysterectomy; this should clear up in a few weeks. Best wishes for your continued healing!
Unread 08-30-2015, 08:59 AM
Re: 7 days post hysterectomy and with bathroom pain

I'm super happy about this website and all my Hyster Sisters! Im also so glad I'm not the only one going through this. I'm still emotional but relieved it's normal. Def willing to try new things to make my recovery more comfortable and trying to stay positive!
Unread 08-30-2015, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaAnnBogue View Post
I had my surgery Friday too. I still have a lot of pain. So taking both the over the counter for inflammation and the pain meds the doctor prescribed for pain. I get tired really easy too so I sleep a lot. I had BM yesterday but not much of one. I've been taking stool softeners everyday too. I wish I were on the upswing. I kept my ovaries too they took everything else. I'm having weepy moments too and just feel hypersensitive. Right now my doctor thinks that it's the stress of the surgery and recovery. We are asking our bodies for a lot. Go for my first post op in a few days. If I'm still feeling weepy they will do lab work test hormone levels and thyroid. Good luck
Lisa
Not liking the weepy part either, hope it passes soon...also hope the bowel issues resolve soon and been trying to walk more to get it running better and ease this swelly belly All in all, not terrible so far but not great either. Good luck to you too!
Unread 08-30-2015, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04cwashington View Post
Hello I am one day post op and already having pain on my rectum( tmi) also a little spasms when I pee... I started taking laxatives today because I'm so scared...I can't wait to be on upswing...ugh
Omg that was my biggest fear! I was so scared to eat! Even though things are "moving freely", it's still painful..well for me. Hopefully things will only get better from here for both of us!
Unread 08-30-2015, 09:23 AM
Re: 7 days post hysterectomy and with bathroom pain

I had sharp pains the first 2-3 weeks for BMs ( and I wasn't constipated ) then one day they just went away. I had mentioned it to my doc and she said it was normal because everything inside was irritated and healing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register