It's official: I'm gonna be a Princess! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

It's official:  I'm gonna be a Princess! It's official: I'm gonna be a Princess!

Unread 08-10-2005, 11:13 AM
It's official: I'm gonna be a Princess!

After waiting a very long and painful 10 months, it's official: I found a doctor I like, I finally have health insurance (and I'm approved for the surgery!), and I have a surgery date September 13!

The plan is for a SAH due to at least 2 huge fibroids, mennoraghia (sp?), and very long, frequent, and painful periods. We're hoping to leave the cervix and ovaries intact, but will know more tomorrow after my ultrasound.

I feel really confident about my decision and in the outcome of my upcoming surgery, mostly thanks to HysterSisters and the wonderful support and info here. As the date gets closer, I'm sure I'll be asking lots more questions.

cjcj
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2005, 11:30 AM

Congratulations! You sound like you are in the perfect frame of mind to have the perfect outcome.

Best wishes
Unread 08-10-2005, 11:39 AM
Congrats!!!

Hey cjcj,

Congrats!!! I know how you feel. I waited a year till I finally got mine. Had an onset period for 2yrs. I wonder about you keeping your cervix. My doc took mine out due to the fact my problems revolved around uncontrolled periods. After reading on this site and other's I read alot that princess's who kept there cervix, so ended up still getting light periods. Just a question you might want to ask at Pre-Op. I know they say if nothening is wrong with it leave it alone. Your doc will know best. I hope everything goes well for you. I am 5 weeks post-op and I have been fortunate not to have any complication. Good luck and I will be praying for you.

Cat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2005, 11:42 AM

I am so happy for you. I think the wait is the hardest part. I've known my date for 6 weeks. Read all you can on this site. I've pretty much read it every chance. I've learned so much about my body and everyone elses too! Ha-Ha. Some of the things have scared me but I'll know what to expect. The only thing I'm scared about is the GAS pains. I've had 2 C-sections so I know all to wekk about the pains. I will just be glad the long painful periods will be no more. That's all my life has been about. That's all I had to talk about. Wow I'll have to find something else to talk about. How about that for a new start. I wish you so much luck!
Unread 08-10-2005, 05:38 PM

Thanks everyone for your good thoughts. I am so looking forward to getting this over with, so waiting will be the tough part I think.

cjcj

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register