Constipation - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-17-2009, 09:27 AM
Re: Ahhhhhh!!!

I hear if you put a small bundle of toilet tissue under your pillow before you go to sleep, the poop fairy will visit your lavatory. Just kidding. M of M worked for me. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2009, 09:38 AM

I had one high enema, duculax, and nothing. Finally used the enemas in small bottles by myself. After the first time, it was better thereafter. Aim at the first one, which felt like crazy, but it was better with fybogel after that. All the best.
Unread 12-17-2009, 09:43 AM

What seemed t help me was walking. If you are able to walk, (slowly is fine), I think it may help to get your system moving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2009, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukwaa View Post
I hear if you put a small bundle of toilet tissue under your pillow before you go to sleep, the poop fairy will visit your lavatory. Just kidding. M of M worked for me. Good luck.
HaHa....I had to laugh...even though, I know how waiting to poop feels!
Unread 12-17-2009, 11:37 AM

Try Milk of Magnesia. I didn't have a bowel movement for almost 4 days after my surgery. I was able to pass gas, but no movement. I called the doctor the first business day after my surgery on 12/14/09. The Milk of Magnesia worked within 5 minutes! I was told to drink half a bottle. Hope this can work for you!
Unread 12-17-2009, 11:48 AM

I had probs as well i used Milk of Magnesia and drank alot of juice and water
Unread 12-23-2009, 05:30 PM

Lots of water and walking....acacia fiber....and the occasional capful of milk of magnesia
Unread 12-23-2009, 11:41 PM

Hello Sisters1

I am day 13 and this is the first post I have made, The Bowl problem was the biggest obstical to over come. Once that came about (Day 7) I was a new women and felt 100% better. I used M.O.M ate oatmeal, drank herbal tea. But what worked for me was a suppository/laxitive before bed and then drank a cup of COFFEE next morning And I am on the road to recovery regular everyday after. Good Lucky! This was my Magic Postion.
Unread 12-26-2009, 12:49 AM

Poor thing! That was the worst...I suggest you drink some hot tea soon after getting up in the morning. You may need to drink a couple of cups but the warmth helps stimulate your bowels. Good Luck!
Unread 12-30-2009, 09:35 AM
Re: Constipation

Before I left the hospital the nurse advised me to take 2 stool softeners in the morning and 2 at night. It has been 4 weeks since surgery and I am still in this routine and it works - I have a history of constipation anyway. You have got to keep those pipes cleaned out!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register