5 days post hysterectomy: super uncomfortable - how much activity should I be doing? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 days post hysterectomy: super uncomfortable - how much activity should I be doing? 5 days post hysterectomy: super uncomfortable - how much activity should I be doing?

Unread 07-27-2014, 04:29 PM
How is everyone doing????

Total hysterectomy on Tue.Today is Sunday. I'm super uncomfortable. bloated. Vagina feels like it is contracting and SUPER SORE. Hurts when I pee. Only 1 bowel movement so far. Ugh. Already Over this...How are you girls?? And how much activity should I be doing??!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2014, 05:22 PM
5 days post hysterectomy: super uncomfortable - how much activity should I be doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley joy View Post
Total hysterectomy on Tue.Today is Sunday. I'm super uncomfortable. bloated. Vagina feels like it is contracting and SUPER SORE. Hurts when I pee. Only 1 bowel movement so far. Ugh. Already Over this...How are you girls?? And how much activity should I be doing??!!
I had the DaVinci surgery on tuesday. I am walking about 30 minutes each day. I went on an outing yesterday. No driving for me yet. Only using Ibprophen for any pain. BM is soft and frequent since Thursday. Urination is frequent and not painful, but pressure. My vagina does feel a little weird, but not bothersome. I had everything removed except an ovary and tube. I am a little emotional, but i am managing ok.
Unread 07-27-2014, 05:29 PM
5 days post hysterectomy: super uncomfortable - how much activity should I be doing?

Quote:
sorry to hear you are having a hard time! I had a TVH with repairs 16 july. I get a little better each day and forget and do too much. Feeling yucky today with some cramping and light pink spotting. I think it is my body telling me go lay down!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2014, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babz4life View Post
I had the DaVinci surgery on tuesday. I am walking about 30 minutes each day. I went on an outing yesterday. No driving for me yet. Only using Ibprophen for any pain. BM is soft and frequent since Thursday. Urination is frequent and not painful, but pressure. My vagina does feel a little weird, but not bothersome. I had everything removed except an ovary and tube. I am a little emotional, but i am managing ok.
Did Not have Di Vinci and they May be the difference.
Unread 07-27-2014, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves to quilt View Post
sorry to hear you are having a hard time! I had a TVH with repairs 16 july. I get a little better each day and forget and do too much. Feeling yucky today with some cramping and light pink spotting. I think it is my body telling me go lay down!
Yes!! Lay down... ( ugh.
Unread 07-27-2014, 05:38 PM
Re: How is everyone doing????

I don't feel like I'm doing a lot of activity but I get up and walk at least once an hour, either around my house or backyard. If I start hurting then I sit. The stool softeners I started in the hospital must have worked because my bm's have been painless. Because I had such an invasive surgery, I thought I'd be hurting a lot more but besides feeling weaker than usual, I feel pretty good, especially because I've had no bleeding, just one spot a couple of days ago. I took Tylenol today for some incision pain. I can't wait to get my staples taken out tomorrow. Don't worry if you're not up to much yet, we all heal at our own pace. The main thing is to keep your body moving throughout the day but do what you can manage, even if it's just a trip from bedroom to kitchen.
Unread 07-27-2014, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDee View Post
I don't feel like I'm doing a lot of activity but I get up and walk at least once an hour, either around my house or backyard. If I start hurting then I sit. The stool softeners I started in the hospital must have worked because my bm's have been painless. Because I had such an invasive surgery, I thought I'd be hurting a lot more but besides feeling weaker than usual, I feel pretty good, especially because I've had no bleeding, just one spot a couple of days ago. I took Tylenol today for some incision pain. I can't wait to get my staples taken out tomorrow. Don't worry if you're not up to much yet, we all heal at our own pace. The main8 thi
ng is to keep your body moving throughout the day but do what you can manage, even if it's just a trip from bedroom to kitchen.
main
I was surprised too that I really haven't had pain just tire very easy.
Unread 07-27-2014, 05:47 PM
Re: How is everyone doing????

I'm in Alot of pain!!
Unread 07-27-2014, 05:49 PM

Quote:
I'm in Alot of pain!!
I'm sorry, are you staying on top of your pain meds? Take them as needed, your body needs to focus on healing instead of fighting pain.
Unread 07-27-2014, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDee View Post
I'm sorry, are you staying on top of your pain meds? Take them as needed, your body needs to focus on healing instead of fighting pain.
3 or 4 ibprophen every 4 hrs. Hydrocodone at night every 4 hours. So yes, I believe so.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register