Awaiting hysterectomy - nervous and need support (endo, cyst, anxiety attacks) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Awaiting hysterectomy - nervous and need support (endo, cyst, anxiety attacks) Awaiting hysterectomy - nervous and need support (endo, cyst, anxiety attacks)

Unread 04-08-2016, 01:19 PM
Awaiting hysterectomy - nervous and need support (endo, cyst, anxiety attacks)

Hey I new here I was told by my dr on the 3/31/2016 that u need a hysterectomy due to I have a enlarge uterus a cyst on my ovary and endometriosis my surgery isn't intill may 17th I thank by then I will be nuts thanking about it...I had been have irregular periods for a while and cramps and pain that would take my breath and longer periods to about three years ago out of the blue I had a panic attack I though I was dying I just know there was something wrong with my heard when that checked out I know it was my brain when that checked out ok I felt out of luck I been to different dr I felt like a doctor hopper lololol I finely found this female dr she is amazing so sweet and understanding she ran lab checked my hormones and she said they were good she set me up for a pap and ultrasound come to fine out I have a uterus 2 and half times bigger then normal I have endometriosis and a cyst on one of my ovaries she said that I needed a hysterectomy there was something else she could do but knkw that she would have to go back later to do it all over so I agreed a . hysterectomy wad right but I am scared of the out come I already deal with anxeity is do to all this will this make it go away or make it worse what is your all opinion on this I wish my surgery was sooner so I could be done with it but agin do you all thank my anxiety is do to all that I have going on ....help please ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2016, 07:28 PM
Re: Awaiting surgery - nervous and need support

Hi tfaye to HysterSisters!

I am so glad you found this site.

All of your emotions, fears, nerves and feeling are very normal. Having a hysterectomy is such an overwhelming experience. It is a difficult surgery to face and digest.

I know there is so much information, and your head is spinning. This is MAJOR SURGERY. Having a hysterectomy needs to be considered very carefully.

From this site, I have learned that a hysterectomy does not cure endo, nor does removing your ovaries. Here is an article that discusses this:
Can Endometriosis Return after a Hysterectomy?
Should I Keep My Ovaries or Not if I Have Endometriosis?

I know you said you have been to several other doctors already, but you can still get other opinions. Here are articles that may help provide information:
5 Reasons to Seek a Second Opinion
Do I Need a Second Opinion for My Hysterectomy?
4 Reasons to Have a Hysterectomy

Talk to your doctor about your concerns and seek other opinions, if you wish. Make the best decision for you regarding this surgery.

Just know that you are not alone in this. We are here for you.

Unread 04-08-2016, 08:20 PM

Thank you so much mares tail for you response yes it is a big surgery but it is one that I know I need my uterus in enlarged and all the other thing I am having lots of pain and long periods and clots and the doctor is taking everything but o e oval I am just worried about it lololol it not so much the surgery it's self it the after the pain and if my anxiety will go away or get worse I pray it gose away I believe all this is messing with my hormones levels around my period. ..I found this site and read the comments and about befor and after the surgery I just wanted to chat with all you ladies that are feeling like me and that know what I am feeling ....all the kind words you all give made me want to be apart of the group lololol hope that don't sound silly...and thanks for the info and your reply it means alot....GOD BLESS YOU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2016, 10:16 AM

Being anxious before something like this is completely normal, and when you have an underlying issue, as I also do, it can be that much worse. One thing that I have found to really make a difference has been the elimination of stimulants like caffeine, refined sugar, gluten, corn, and food dyes from my diet. I also exercise regularly, which my doctor says can be just as effective as many anti-anxiety medications. I also do yoga regularly, and I have found that simply taking a moment to focus on my breathing has helped me through many an anxious situation. Whenever your anxiety starts to build, try this breathing technique, recommended by a well-known natural health doctor: inhale through your nose for a count of 4, hold for a count of 7, exhale through your nose for a count of 8, repeat as necessary. This shuts down the fight or flight response, and activates your parasympathetic nervous system, which tells your body there's no danger, which instantly calms you down. Also don't be afraid to lean on your support network, including your friends, your family, and your HysterSisters. Best wishes for your upcoming surgery!
☺☺
Unread 04-09-2016, 07:38 PM
Re: Awaiting hysterectomy - nervous and need support (endo, cyst)

Hi tfaye -

It is not silly to want to be part of a group, especially when facing this surgery. It is such an overwhelming experience.

And, since you are having this surgery, you are part of this group - we are the HysterSisters. And we are here to support you.

Ask what questions you have, and we will try to answer then for you. Also, you can just get on and express your feelings and emotions - that really does help.

Unread 04-09-2016, 10:22 PM

THANK YOU BOTH SO MUCH FOR YOU RESPONSE IT DOSE HELP TO KNOW THAT OTHERS HAVE ARE GOING THROUGH THIS AND TO KNOW THEIR FEELING AND TO KNOW THAT I AM NOT ALONE WITH THE WAY I AM FEELING...A QUESTION THAT I HAVE AND HAVE SEARCHED ALL OVER THE INTERNET IS ABOUT ANXIETY ABOUT 2 AND HALF TO THREE YEAR AGO I HAVE A MY FIRST ANXIETY /PANIC ATTACK I WAS ON MY WAY TO THE DR WITH MY YOUNGEST CHILD WHEN IT HIT ME I WAS DRIVING I HAD TO PULL OFF IT EASED UP SONI PULLED BACK OUT AND DROVE A FEW FEET AND IT HIT ME AGIN BUT HARDER I HAD TO CALL A FRIEND TO TAKE ME AN MY DAUGHTER HOME WHILE MY MY FRIEND TOOK MY HUSBAND BACK TO GET MY VAN IT GOT WORSE I CALLED 911 I THOUGHT I WAS HAVING A HEART ATTACK EVERYTHING CHECKED OUT OK AFTER THAT DAY I MADE TRIP AFTER TRIP TO THE ER DR OFFICE AND HAD EVERY TEST RAN ALL CAME BACK GOOD ONLY THING IT WAS IS ANXEITY I HAVE NEVER BEEN A PERSON THAT STRESSES OR HAVE ANXIETY GUESS MY QUESTION IS EVEN THOUGH MY HORMONS TEST CAME BACK OK COULD THIS ANXIETY STILL BE DUE TO CHANGES IN MY HORMONS IT THE WORSE AROUND MY PERIOD AND WEEK BEFOR DURING AND WEEK AFTER I GET DIZZY AND JUST FEEL SCARED AND DO YOU THANK AFTER MY SURGERY IT WILL GET BETTER OR WORSE ...COULD IT BE FROM THE STRESS MY BODY IS UNDER. LIKE I SAID I HAVE SEARCH EVERY BUT HAVEN'T REALLY CAME UP WITH ANYTHING ABOUT THIS QUESTION SORRY SO LONG...THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS EVERYONE ..
Unread 04-11-2016, 07:15 PM
Re: Awaiting hysterectomy - nervous and need support (endo, cyst)

Hi tfaye -

This is probably a question for your doctor. Let them know you have these attacks, when they occur, etc. This is something they should know. Have you contacted your regular doctor on these?

We also have many women on this site, so maybe someone with similar experiences will see this post and respond.

Unread 04-11-2016, 07:39 PM

YES I sure have shared this with all drs....over and over and over I just praying for the best tonight I am in so much pain I thank it the cyst on my ovary idk for sure but it sure dose hurt I just pray that the surgery helps me ...thank you so much for taking time to repond it mean so much to me GOS BLESS YOU.....
Unread 04-11-2016, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfaye View Post
Hey I new here I was told by my dr on the 3/31/2016 that u need a hysterectomy due to I have a enlarge uterus a cyst on my ovary and endometriosis my surgery isn't intill may 17th I thank by then I will be nuts thanking about it...I had been have irregular periods for a while and cramps and pain that would take my breath and longer periods to about three years ago out of the blue I had a panic attack I though I was dying I just know there was something wrong with my heard when that checked out I know it was my brain when that checked out ok I felt out of luck I been to different dr I felt like a doctor hopper lololol I finely found this female dr she is amazing so sweet and understanding she ran lab checked my hormones and she said they were good she set me up for a pap and ultrasound come to fine out I have a uterus 2 and half times bigger then normal I have endometriosis and a cyst on one of my ovaries she said that I needed a hysterectomy there was something else she could do but knkw that she would have to go back later to do it all over so I agreed a . hysterectomy wad right but I am scared of the out come I already deal with anxeity is do to all this will this make it go away or make it worse what is your all opinion on this I wish my surgery was sooner so I could be done with it but agin do you all thank my anxiety is do to all that I have going on ....help please ...
Be thankful you were able to find a doc that finally diagnosed your symptoms hon!!! Surgery is tough and does in fact take a toll and a lot of stress, anxiety and insomnia will accompany that, BUT you def need to have the hysterect done it seems and you have HysterSisters support 24/7 to help you through it. Have you tried Lorezapam for anxiety?
Unread 04-11-2016, 07:48 PM
Re: Awaiting hysterectomy - nervous and need support (endo, cyst, anxiety attacks)

I hope your pain is taken away by the surgery too. Being in pain all the time is not a way to live.

Glad you shared your anxiety information with the doctors. It is important to tell them everything.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register