Out early and ... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Out early and ... Out early and ...

Unread 06-17-2005, 06:15 PM
Out early and ...

First, I am glad I found this forum. I read about the epidural, and the night before my surgery. the anaesthesiologist called, and I mentioned it to him. It was great. After surgery, my BP was really low, as was my heart rate (which is natural for me), but once in my room, the morphine pump lived in my left hand all night. Pump, pump, pump. Unfortunately, the hospital requires an apnea detector, so with my hear rate and breathing so low, it went off for nearly 4 hours straight. However, a kind nurse replaced it with a similar but less LOUD kind of critter.

I also got toradol (sp?), which is an anti-inflammatory and pain killer. Second night I used my morphine just to keep myself quiet. This morning, I saw my surgeon and asked if I could go home early - and here I am. My post op meds are vicodin and premarin .3.

Some discharge - more today, probably because of moving more than the previous 2.

Overall, kind of feel mellow. Felt great to fart and have a BM! Now, I get to enjoy 6 weeks of knitting, sewing, and reading!!!

But best news of all, all biopsies were negative for cancer.

Glad I found this website - so much GOOD information - and glad, too, for support from strangers (here), family, and friends.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2005, 06:25 PM
Out early and ...

Welcome home, SSakoian!

Mellow seems like the ideal state to be in for the first few days!
Unread 06-17-2005, 07:50 PM
Out early and ...

Congrats on your good news!! I am 11 weeks out and just found out all my results yesterday and I'M CLEAN!!
I have heart trouble just the opposite of yours, my blood pressure is perfect but my heart rate is that of a humming bird, generally I have a resting pulse of about 110! I have an arrhythmia, so any time I tried to do anything for the 24 hours after surgery it would jump into the 160's and set off all the alarms, I couldn't even push the button on my bed to make it sit me up I had to have my boyfriend do it, he was great, he even had to pull off my oxygen mask and hold my water to my mouth I was so beat by the whole thing!
Anyway enjoy your resting time, and take it too! I took the opportunity to crotchet an afghan for my daughter, complete a large cross stitch and begin a second, and needlpoint a little wallhanging. It got to be tiring sitting still so much, but pushing it too soon was worse! Take it easy and best wishes!

22 years old LAVH Mar 30/05 why did I wait so long?!?!?!?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register