New here ~ Tuesday is the day!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New here ~ Tuesday is the day!! New here ~ Tuesday is the day!!

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Tuesday is the day!!!!!

This is my first time on the hystersister board.....great info....I have uterine cancer and a strong family history of breast/ovarian cancer...so, tuesday my surgery is scheduled...I 've never really thought about my uterius and ovaries, I just knew they were there and that 2 beautiful young women took up residence there for nine months.....now that it is being removed, it made me think of it in a different way....I am anxious to get it over with and at the same time not wanting to give it up....this info that is available on this web site is helpful and comforting....thank you all for going where I have not gone yet, and making the journey easier......Kylob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2008, 01:57 AM
New here ~ Tuesday is the day!!

Welcome Kylob!!! We all love this place!! I am sure I would have not done as well with my hospital stay or my recovery if I didnt read all the stuff on here. Do you have your hospital stuff ready? Great posts about what to bring and private rooms.. good luck! DONT FORGET TO PAMPER THE PRINCESS!!

Unread 01-06-2008, 11:27 AM

Kylob -- So glad you found us!

If you're able to, try to counterbalance your anxiety with trust -- that all will be fine.

What I've learned is that I'm completely the same woman minus a few body parts that truly didn't define me in the first place.

My surgery was a few Tuesdays ago, and it was a blessed day. Yours will be too.

Many warm hugs to you,

Siri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2008, 01:11 PM

Hi Kylob

I'm glad you found us. There's so much information to help you know what to expect. You will find this board very helpful after your surgery as well. You'll meet lots of women who have the same surgical week as yours and you can talk together about your progress, frustrations, and questions. There are many of us here to help answer any concerns that you might have. Remember to be good to yourself, follow doctor's orders, and rest, rest, rest. Good luck to you. I'm betting you'll do well! Peace to you.

Unread 01-06-2008, 01:21 PM

Welcome, Kylob!

You've found the right place... so glad you're here with us. You'll find lots of support, tons of information, many wonderful women, and loads of hugs. It's great to be able to compare notes with others who are going through it, or have been there.

Good luck with everything this week and we look forward to hearing from you as soon as you're up to it post-op. Be sure and take good care of yourself and heal well.
Unread 01-06-2008, 02:06 PM

Hi!
Welcome, Welcome. As you have read the women here are wonderful and a great support. i could not have made it this far without them. I am going to the castle tomorrow I am so scared that my life today is consumed with fear and doubt. Being the biggest pessimist doesn't help much either . This is a wonderful place and if I could personally hug ever single sister on here I would. You will find many women here with different reason not all related to cancer. I hope you too find great comfort and get strength from this place. I hope I am o.k. after surgery and can come on and update everyone of course i am consumed with the negative right now. good luck
Unread 01-06-2008, 06:11 PM

hi, glad to meet you ... I'm a uterine cancer survivor. so glad you got a diagnosis. From my readings, the diagnosis can be difficult.

Good luck ... you will be fine! It takes time and patience, but healing will come.
Unread 01-13-2008, 03:49 PM

Hi! Thanks for the e-mail....got home yesturday...slept very well in my own bed. Taking motrin for pain and feeling pretty good.

You will be in my prayers on tuesday, and I am sure you will do great!!!
Let us know how you are doing...best of luck!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register