You told me so! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

You told me so! You told me so!

Unread 12-06-2000, 01:04 PM
You told me so!

Dear, Dear Sisters:

Okay, okay, I give!!! I had my TAH/BSO on 11/27 for enlarged uterus, many, many fibroids and lots of bleeding and pain.

I'm the sister who wanted to go to an awards ceremony 5 days after my surgery. My dear sisters were right--there was no way I could have made it.

Surgery went fine, the fibroid was MUCH larger than even my DD had anticipated (picture a full size basketball, cut in half through the middle, from my pelvic bone to my belly button.) Pathology came back clear YEAH! especially considering family history of ovarian cancer.I did well in the hospital, because of all of the advice from my sisters. I drank and walked, walked, walked. DD let me make the decision, and I was out of the castle by Wednesday afternoon.

DH and DS have been waiting on me hand and foot. But, there was NO WAY I could have made it through a ceremony that Friday, much less an hour drive to the hotel. Sorry I missed it, but my health is much more important than some award. (Anyway, with all the VOTING mess going on down here in Florida, the Governor was not showing up anyway !!!)

So, I am 10 days post op, and I am learning what my limits are. My DS is acting as a scullery maid, so I sit on a stool and order her about--that way things are cooked the way I like best. DH makes breakfast each am, and comes home to bring me lunch each day. I am trying to walk more each day--listening to my body as all of you say. The biggest complaint I have is getting in and out of bed and up and down from chairs.

My sisters, I know that all of your advice, thoughts and prayers are helping me through this. Ya'll are worth your weight in gold and gems.

kadee
TAH/BSO 11/27
Ocala,Florida
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2000, 03:55 PM
You told me so!

Kadee, I'm glad your recovery is going well. Continue to let others take care of you and the housework. You'll be doing it soon enough. Thanks for letting us know how you're feeling.
Unread 12-06-2000, 04:54 PM
You told me so!

I'm so glad your surgery went well and that you have so much help at home! Thanks for letting us know how you are, and keep those feet up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2000, 05:18 PM
You told me so!

Hey, and since you're just "sitting around" do you think you could do us all a big favor??? Tell someone down there in that nice warm state of yours to GET THIS ELECTION OVER! LOL
Unread 12-06-2000, 08:35 PM
You told me so!

I can't believe it: your election is STILL not over. The Canadian one was much later, and was over almost before it started... Ok, maybe that's not much better

Kadee, thank you for posting, . Glad your recovery is going well. I also know what you mean about missing the awards ceremony: my son's first pardon ceremony is on the 17th, and I know I'll miss it, might not even be out of the hospital that day.... At least, I'll be there for his First Communion.

Take care, and back to resting
Unread 12-06-2000, 09:58 PM
You told me so!

Glad you are getting help and decided not to go. Only you know what your body needs, and I'm glad you are listening to it! Take it easy and rest!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register