stuff for at home? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

stuff for at home? stuff for at home?

Unread 10-25-2003, 03:11 PM
stuff for at home?

Peg,
Me too....the info on this site is tremendous. It gets you thinking about things you hadn't thought of before. And the kindness is awesome. Women are wonderful! They are always ready to pitch in and help others.

Glad you've got the support you need. I'm coming to work where you do! Ha! No, my employer is ok with this, but I am going to try to return at least have days 3-4 weeks post op....unless I'm not ready and there's no way of knowing until after the castle visit and after some recovery time has elapsed. I'm happy to veg for 2-3 weeks so that I can start slowly doing things. I understand the "you never get another chance to heal right" thing. I'm just optimistic. I've had my gall bladder out (big incision, not the lap kind) and I was ok after about 2-1/2 weeks. Oh, did I mention I was 24 and now I am 52 ? I wonder if that matters? tee hee.

I'm just starting to collect all my "stuff" for at home. And I need to make another appt with doc to discuss questions. Still 2nd guessing whether it is wise to take the ovaries.....but I am 52. Oh brother............there I go again!

It is so freakin smoke-filled! Is this from the Rancho Cucamonga fire?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2003, 06:16 PM
stuff for at home?

I guess I'm lucky. Although I don't really have much of an appetitite, I'm finding that I'm eating most normal foods. I had mac & cheese, green beans and choc. pudding for lunch yesterday for my first solid foods. Granted, I only ate a few bites of anything but I didn't necessarily want "sick" foods, yk? Now for dinner, they brought me baked fish, rice and broccoli and that all went back. I was between pain meds and didn't even want popsicles. Later that evening when I was walking the floor, I talked to the secretary at the nurses' station and told her I had sent dinner back and was starting to feel a little hungry. She got a turkey sandwich for me and I had that with some jello at 9:30. The main thing is to get nourishment in you whenever you do feel like eating and in little, frequent increments is actually better.

HUGS,
Unread 10-26-2003, 01:29 AM
stuff for at home?

My hubby is lost in the kitchen too. I didn't have time to prepare much, my hyster was a surprise for me. Hubby went to the store and filled the freezer with tv dinners and popsicles. I was able to put the dinners in for myself since he was working 14 hr days. Get some smaller entrees for lunch or the days you don't feel like having alot of food. And ice cream is a necessity. I ate it for a whole week. Really soothing to my wounded soul! Brenda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register