To all those scared and falling apart LIW | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

To all those scared and falling apart LIW To all those scared and falling apart LIW

Unread 03-09-2004, 08:28 AM
To all those scared and falling apart LIW

I know how scared many of you LIW are. We recently had an experience that reminded me of how I felt before my surgery.

My husband was driving our teenage son's car a few weeks ago and he was pulled over for having expired tags and when the officer asked to see proof of insurance it had also expired. Both of these were due in September of 2003. I also realized that I had missed a payment on a bill in September. These things are my responsibility and I couldn't figure out how I missed so many things. I finally realized that was when I was having my surgery.

That brought back the memories of how scared and nervous I was before the surgery. I would be driving around town and have to pull into a parking lot and have a crying spell. I changed my mind three times the week before the surgery. Luckily, my family and doctor were all very patient with me during this time.

I had such a good experience with the surgery and recovery. I also feel so much better now that all of the stress leading up to the surgery is a distant memory. To all of you ladies in waiting that are weighted down with worry, are shedding many tears and possibly losing your mind to the point of not getting all of your responsibilities taken care of, it will get better and you will feel so much better. Thoughts and prayers to all of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2004, 10:46 AM

Thank you for sharing that. I am scheduled for 3-19 and I find myself sometimes at ease, sometimes wanting to cancel and other times just a peace with it. I do it all around here so that is my biggest thing I am going to need to just let go and hope for the best.

Thanks for your positive post.

Tina
Unread 03-09-2004, 03:18 PM

Thanks for your post - its always reassuring to read all the positive stories. My TAH is a week today and I am becoming very tearful thinking 'this is it'. Almost feels like a horrible dream and that its happening to someone else not me.

Hope I'll be sharing a positive post on the post-op board one day .....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2004, 04:17 PM
Scared

First of all this site is so helpful and a God-send. I am scheduled for my surgery 3-18-04, and my biggest fear is if something happens to me, my mother-in-law(who is a mean spirited person) will force her way into my husband and kids lives and move in! I hope you understand I am not being cruel. Even my husband and his siblings acknowledge the type of person she is, but choose to deal with it. She would change who they are. I am praying for these thoughts to get out of my mind because it is making me want to cancel the surgery even though I really need it.
Am I being silly?
p.s. please don't ridicule me
Unread 03-10-2004, 03:45 PM
to FAL

We would never ridicule you for your thought and honest opinion about anything. That is not what these women would ever do. We are behind you 100 percent and we are hear to listen to you. If you read some of our posts, you can see that we too, talk about relatives that have no support or are bud-zinskies. I myself have a little pain in the backside sister. Don't think you are bad or that we think you are bad because you say something about your MIL. Just say what is on your mind girl and let us all have a laugh, because some of us, including myself, need a good laugh.

You go ahead and say it girl.

Lisa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register