I'm really gonna need you guys... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm really gonna need you guys... I'm really gonna need you guys...

Unread 01-07-2001, 11:52 AM
I'm really gonna need you guys...

Oh you guys are the greatest sisters anyone could ask for. Thank God for you. Not feeling so dumpy today thanks to all of you and the fact that it's a sunny warm day and I got myself to church this morning. People thought I had a halo because of the way the stained glass was shining its warm light on my long auburn hair. I heard several comments on my hair and was I a golden angel. LOL Did great things for my self esteem. Heck, I hadn't heard a compliment in such a long time. Made me feel like a woman again.

So here I am NOT alone with all of you getting ready. Day 8 and counting down. Not so anxious today but I know that's just temporary. Thanks Donna for reminding me I'm Never alone here.

Roz, yes I am a crazy cat lady and do some rescue work with a local organization. Unfortunately I can't have my kitties with me here. They're with my daughter. I love anything feline. You must tell me about your cats. I can talk about kitties all day long. My e-mail box is always open.

Brownie, you've been a good friend so what am I talking about being all alone. Besides, I know the kids will be in and out... just not here 24/7. I may have home health care come out and help too. It's covered by insurance if the doc orders it.

You all are so supportive and I pray we all make it through this bonding experience feeling strong and better.

Love and Great Big Hugs,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2001, 12:19 PM

To Grandmeow:
I am new to this site, but find it comforting and alittle overwheming sometimes. Since I am going in for my surgery on 1/9/01 for a TAH/Fibroids I know exactly how you feel about this!! Even with people around us we sometimes feel alone. Us women.....why do we do that??
I found that going out on the patio when the stars are out and looking up at them - as I am saying a prayer well, it just absolutely made me feel so much better!!! I was truly panicked myself and tried and tried to talk myself out of that low-down feeling even after I cried awhile. It only gave me a headache (more pain!!) and I looked awful!! I am determined not to let it get me down. This is something that once it is done we will feel so much better.
I will remember you in my prayers along with the others and please remember me in yours!!
Unfortunately I am in AZ too far to help in person, but please keep posting or email me at Marj32@aol.com.
Good luck,
Marj in AZ %:-)
Unread 01-07-2001, 12:43 PM
Cats!

Good Morning, Grandmeow! It's Roz. I'm so crazy about my cats, I could talk feline all day long too! I have two, Sergio, and Theo. Their both black and soooo cute. Sergio is really my baby, I've had him for 12yrs, since he was a kitten,and Theo is really an independent sort of soul, but lately he's really become more of a social dude. He's 11yrs old. They have been with me even before my boys were born, so they're very special to me. When I'm on the computer they sit in my lap or beside me on the floor, always near by. Our dog (chocolate lab) "Ruger" is OK with them, too. Although Sergio is not too fond of him, Theo tolerates him pretty well. We also have a guinea pig "Jenny", two gecko lizards "Heckle & Jeckle", A frog "Hopper", and two Beta fish, "Lightening & Thunder". Quite a zoo for me, but I just love it. We always had pets as children, but not any like this! I'm very busy with them everyday, cleaning cages and training them to do tricks. I think I missed my calling! Should be working in a zoo. I'm ghlad that you got out today, and no better place than church. You always leave feeling so refreshed. Hang in there. We're always here for you! Love, and Kisses to you, Roz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2001, 05:25 PM

Hi Marj. My best friend's name is Marge and she moved to Scottsdale last year. I miss her bunches but I'm glad to know a new Marj.

Your date is right around the corner and you are in my prayers. I know what you mean about getting centered underneath the stars or maybe seeing a beautiful sunset. Nature has a way of reminding us that everything is in order. You might want to try to visualize that starlit sky and its quiet message when you feel anxious. The anxiety and the crying and the emotional frizz is to be expected so don't worry hon, everything is as it should be.

My son came by tonite and offered me his help to recoup. That was totally unexpected. Said I could come stay at his place and he'd take care of me as long as I needed. Awwww. What a good kid. He's only 20. His place is calm but I'm not sure about clean. Yikes. I guess there's no perfect solution and that's ok.

Feeling better and very very supported and even loved.

Love, Hugs and good thoughts for each of you,

Unread 01-07-2001, 07:23 PM

Hi Kathy,

Your son sounds like a nice guy. Maybe ask him if he can help you out with shopping every few days, or bringing dinner (take-out, if he doesn't cook) and hanging out with you. You might even stay with him a few days. Could be fun.

Also, have you told your church people what's going on? How about your friends in the cat rescue group? I made the mistake for my first surgery of not saying anything and just falling off the face of the earth. This time I told everybody I know. I haven't needed much, but it's nice to get a phone call now and then asking how I'm doing, and lots of people have asked if they can do anything.

Tell a trusted neighbor or two - maybe arrange for them to ask you if you need anything when they go to the store. I'm out of milk right now, for instance, and don't want to ask a friend to drive 20 miles just to bring me some (although they have offered!) - but if a neighbor were going anyway... One of my neighbors just had a tummy tuck, so we're kinda keeping an eye out for each other. Another has been looking out for the horses, and calls me if she notices anything wierd (like one day when I was late feeding them, and she got worried about me).

By the way, keep some cash on-hand - I didn't the first time, and felt totally helpless to do anything like order a pizza. And if anyone asks if they can pick something up for you, you'll be able to reimburse them right away instead of bumming off them.

I'm glad you're getting some support and encouragement. Not driving can be a real pain - I've only got a week or so left before I'm cleared to drive again, and boy, is it frustrating not being able to get out.

Hang in there - you'll be a princess before you know it.

Unread 01-08-2001, 04:58 AM
Alone Too

Know what you're feeling. I had just posted out here asking if I was crazy to try the first night at home alone and then found you. I'm just a very private person I suppose. Looks like you'll be going in for your surgery quicker than me (mine is 1/15). Know that I'll be looking forward to hearing from you, since we are in the same type of position at home. I'll be thinking of you!
Unread 01-08-2001, 05:25 AM

Hi, Kathy. I've just now gotten to reading your original message and the responses. I've had lots of trouble accessing the boards the past few days. I think it's wonderful that your son offered to have you stay with him while you recover. Take him up on it. You'll feel much better for it. Stay a few days--until you get your feet underneath you again. Then perhaps you could go home and just have him check on you a couple of times a day. We'll all be here too, Kathy, to help in any way that we can. Best wishes,
Unread 01-08-2001, 05:44 AM

Hi Kathy,

I read your post and I wish I lived closer to you (I'm in St. Petersburg, Florida). I go in for my TAH BSO, bowel resection on the 12th (4 days to go)!!!! I can relate to feeling alone too, my husband is here yes, but we moved down here 7 years ago leaving all our family and friends behind. I sure wish my mom was here now, my husband just doesn't understand what this is all about. She has offered to fly down but I feel too guilty to say yes, she would miss work, etc.
Please feel free to email me anytime you need to talk.

Your Florida Hyster-Sister

Debbie
Unread 01-08-2001, 07:43 AM

Hi, Kathy. Hope today finds you less blue. I'm just amazed how comforting and caring everyone on the board is...just when you need a question or concern answered, someone is right there.

I'm in Lakeland, wish we were closer and we could prop our feet up together, but I'll e-mail you to keep you company.

My date has been changed to hopefully next week (thanks for your response, I'm better today...need to my blood counts up before I go into any surgery, and am taking your advice and staying home for now, trying to keep well).

Good luck and you're in my prayers.

Unread 01-08-2001, 08:12 AM

Hi Kathy

Hang in there!!!You've got a lot of us cheering you on.
Had my TAH/BSO on Dec 15. Boy, was I scared to death. Really it's not as scary as it seems. I have a husband and 4 kids but honestly, my support didn't come from them as much as from caring friends and ladies who had been through it already.
Praying for you!
Ginny/ Crooks S.Dak
TAH/BSO 12/15/00

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register