Tomorrow is the big day - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tomorrow is the big day Tomorrow is the big day

Unread 06-20-2006, 12:34 PM
Tomorrow is the big day

Good luck to all you ladies tomorrow. I am excited for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2006, 02:18 PM
Tomorrow is the big day

Good luck everyone. Yes, you won't feel yourself for a few days, but you are strong and by the end of the week it will all be behind you. The "worry" part is much worse then the recovery. We will be waiting for all of you on the other side.
Unread 06-20-2006, 02:21 PM
Tomorrow is the big day

Jules -- All I can say what you feel is very natural. I am 3 weeks post-op today and I remember how nervous, upset w/ crying as well as anxiety attacks up until they put the iv in. All will go well you are in good hands. The one area I recommend COLACE daily. It really helps with that first bowel movement. I had an epidural along with general what a difference that makes in recovery -- no pain. The first 24 hours are the worst everything else after that is healing time. Good luck -- my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Unread 06-20-2006, 04:39 PM
Tomorrow is the big day

You might all be surprised how worked up you can be the day before, and then the calm that can come over you when you finally get to pre-op! I know everybody who's already been through this joins me in sending good thoughts, prayers, and wishing you the best!

And wait and see... the whole experience, including the recovery, just isn't quite as scary as we make it out to be beforehand! Good luck, and we'll be here on the other side!!!

Anne
Unread 06-20-2006, 05:29 PM
Tomorrow is the big day

okay all did the bowel prep at 2pm and finnally starting to go YUCK but it really beats being constapated and the nausea really kicks you in the butt well it did me I have been so sick to my stomach after I drank the mag of citrate (cherry) I thought that I was going to throw it up. Now I am just chilling and getting excited but still scared. WOW what an emotional rollercoaster the last few weeks have been .
Unread 06-20-2006, 06:09 PM
Tomorrow is the big day

It's alright sister, we've all been there.We know how you feel.Even though my hyster was over a yr. ago, I still remember how I felt.I even cried all the way to the hospital and by the time I got inside I started shaking like crazy.I felt like just running right out the doors & not looking back.I knew in my heart that wouldn't be the right thing to do.I must say for me, I have no regrets and feel much better.Having a hyster was the right choice for me.It took along time for me to feel like my old self again.So take things slow and give yourself time to heal.Good luck!
Unread 06-20-2006, 06:15 PM
Tomorrow is the big day

I too got really sick of the the mag citrate stuff. I found out my surgery was moved from late in the afternoon to first thing in the morning. yea! I won't have to wait so long at the hospital now thank God. Thank you for being there ppl. We can do this together.
Unread 06-20-2006, 08:36 PM
Tomorrow is the big day

Artis that is great they moved your surgery to an earlier time!!

I just took my laxative, she said before bed... I hope it doesn't work too well in the middle of the night.

I can't believe it will all be over tomorrow.

Thanks for all your support ladies!!

Beth :dance2:
Unread 06-20-2006, 09:09 PM
Tomorrow is the big day

All of you who are going in tomorrow......I will pray... Even though you are so scared I wish it was me.... I hate the wait.... god Bless
Unread 06-20-2006, 09:17 PM
Tomorrow is the big day

All my Love and best wishes to all of you going in tomorrow and whenever. It is definitely beter after you return home. For me the castle was not a castle, but just having the waiting over was truly amazing! Best of luck! May your recovery be as easy as mine Love, Cam

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register