Hair falling out in handfuls!! - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hair falling out in handfuls!! Hair falling out in handfuls!!

Unread 09-18-2008, 11:31 AM
Hair falling out in handfuls!!

Hi Love,
I so think you should go and get it checked out. I am now in the throws of a battery of test for thyroid disease. I am so fed up with feeling rough ... I just want to be normal again.

You have been through so much and are stronger for it. Keep your chin up.
You might have your thyroid checked as the wonderful sisters advised me to do when I posted about this. I had more blood tests done Monday and the doc just called saying she needed to see me tomorrow (which I can't do) or Monday at the latest. Like a hysterectomy, deep vein thrombosis, bladder surgery, a ruptured ovarian cysts and three months in and out of the hospital wasn't my fair share of feeling yucky.

I just read this over and I sound like such a whiner. I am sorry to vent on everyone.

Great big hug and please let me know how you make out at the doc.

Hugs,
Tracy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2008, 11:36 AM

Speak to your dr. Also condition your hair and try a leave in conditioner.

Tophatt10
Unread 09-18-2008, 01:51 PM

Hi ladies. I appreciate knowing this because I am only 3 weeks out from surgery and I already had excessive hair loss before surgery and it has only gotten worse since surgery. My DH says it looks like a chinchilla (sp?) in the shower after I get out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2008, 03:04 PM

Adamel you are so funny
Unread 09-24-2008, 08:12 PM

When I had my complete hyster in june of 07, ovarian cancer was the culprit, my hair fell out a lot used to have thick hair now it is thin still, am going to my oncologist and my gyn on monday (9-29) AMD DEMAND SOME ANSWERS!I think a year of suffering with almost all menopause symtoms is too long, and that black cohosh and other products don't work for me. I would like to feel a little normal. Did I mention all but about two of the symtoms?
Unread 09-24-2008, 08:17 PM

You have been through alot. I will pray for you and I hope your ddr can help you feel better.

Hang in there.

Tophatt10
Unread 09-25-2008, 05:56 AM

Just wanted to update you precious sisters as you have all been so very supportive and helpful! I went back to my docs after the second round of blood work and she had determined that I will be referred to an endocrinologist for the thyroid issue. I have also been referred to a dermatologist for the loss of my hair and all my eyelashes.

But, she also determined my ferretin (iron) is extremely low so I have do some lovely stool tests and then start on iron meds three times a day which i have been told will make me sick to my tummy and constipated.

The primary issue here is I am not bleeding as I don't have a uterus so the doc suspects I am bleeding internally with levels this low. She is doing tests for ulcer and colon in the next few weeks.

So that's the story here and I keep telling myself ... I could have real problems!

Thanks again for your wonderful cyber friendship!

Hugs,
Tracy
Unread 09-25-2008, 05:57 AM

Hey Star-Rider,

Just wanted to let you know you are in my heart and in my thoughts! You have been through so much and I really hope you get some answers today. Please pop back in and post and let us know how you make out with both docs today.

You so deserve to have some peace at this point.

Love,
Tracy
Unread 09-25-2008, 10:35 AM

Hi;

just wanted to update you: I went to my hairdresser yesterday and still did my highlights and I had my hair cut (shoulder length) she did mentioned that I had lost lots of hair but that at the same time she said that my head is full of baby new hair
she said that she has seen this happen to many women that undergo surgeries, but then it just grows again, Thank God!! still, I am seeing my doctor the first week in Oct and mention all this to him and see what he suggests.

Freezy and Star-Rider, you are both in my thoughts and prayers, hang in there sweeties, there will be sunnier days ahead!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register