headaches post op- ovaries intact | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

headaches post op- ovaries intact headaches post op- ovaries intact

Unread 09-26-2011, 09:38 PM
headaches post op- ovaries intact

Hi sisters I need your help,
I had my doctor leave my ovaries although one has a 2.5 cm cyst. Since the surgery I have had increased frequency of headaches, I called my doctor and he doesn't believe it has to do with hormones since he left my ovaries. He told me to check with my primary physician. From what I've read it is very likely from my ovaries adjusting from the trauma of the surgery. Am I crazy?
Thanks for any help!
Hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2011, 09:50 PM
Re: headaches post op- ovaries intact

I had a LOT of headaches the first 2-3 weeks after my surgery... and yes, I still have my ovaries. Around week three, I also had hot flashes for about a week. I believe you, even if your doctor doesn't. The good news is, the headaches will probably get better once your ovaries "wake up" from surgery. In the meantime, maybe your PCP can prescribe something? Are they migraines or just regular (but severe) headaches?
Unread 09-26-2011, 09:51 PM

I felt like I was having more headaches in the month after my surgery than usual, but I wasn't sure hormones were the reason. I thought sometimes the pain meds gave me headaches, and sometimes my headaches seemed to be a result of sitting a lot and developing muscle tension in unusual spots. Now that I am six weeks post-op and not on any pain meds and more active again, I am not having headaches. I too had some hot flashes and achy back around three weeks post-op. I keep wondering whether those will continue every month, but I am relieved not to be having the headaches lately.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2011, 05:35 PM

I think if you have migraines it can be from everything that you normally do being off schedule. I have been having a rough time with mine, they seem maybe to be getting better this week now that I am back at work on week 2. I am getting more into my regular activity schedule, getting my sleep schedule regulated, not napping, eating on a schedule. Hormones leveling out, etc...

So don't give up hope just yet, give your body a little time to adjust and try to get yourself on a schedule with sleep and eating and stick to it.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register