It's Official | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

It's Official It's Official

Unread 04-16-2003, 04:41 PM
It's Official

I think it's official, I am a LIW. Specifically waiting for the surgury scheduler to call. I have requested early May, because I am lucky enough to get two surgeons, they will have to coordinate as well. Had a moment of total anxiety when I realized I had cast the die, followed by a sense of assurance that I am doing the right thing. Dh has come up trumps and is offering to do anything I want, a week off, two weeks off, whatever pleases his little princess... now for the waiting part
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2003, 05:12 PM
It's Official

(((((((((((felix)))))))))))),

Congratulations on becoming a LIW. I hope it all works out for

you to get the date you want. Having a supportive DH is a

wonderful bonus. I hope you have a smooth surgery and an

uneventful recovery.

Remember drink lots of fluids , short walks, and lots of rest.

Pamcat
Unread 04-16-2003, 05:18 PM
Official (I think?)

Congratulations on casting the die. I know it is a difficult decision to make. I have the support of my DH, another Hystersister at work, and my M-I-L who is an RN and has had the TAH with everything taken. She is jealous though that I get a chance to keep my ovaries if all goes well. No periods, no pills, I get the best of both worlds she says. But we'll see if I'm that lucky. I have a marble size cyst on my right ovary, and have PCOS, I will know for sure July 1 what type of surgery that I truly will need.

These abbreviations are confusing, what is a TVT sling? I don't remember if you had mentioned in past conversations if you get to keep your ovaries. My M-I-L has mentioned that Estrace is a good natural HRT. She used to take Premarin.

At least if all goes well you get your castle visit 2 months before me and will get to breathe again. My short-waisted twin.

Good luck on getting the date you want and I 'll have you in my thoughts.

Take care!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2003, 07:34 PM
It's Official

Hey Cat ladies - thanks for your support. Let's see, the TVT is some kind of material, not sure what, that's why I did another message just on it, used for sling and meant to be "minimally invasive". Uro says the sling by itself is outpatient with 2 weeks off work. Says with the combo hyst/bladder repair, gyn will have me off 4-6 weeks minimally and maybe up to 3-4 days in-patient. So far, I choose to keep ovaries (only 42y.o.), there is a "poorly defined" mass on one so if that's a bad boy it'll have to go but so far the indications are that it is a simple cyst and will resolve on it's own.

The biggie for me today was heavy lifting down the road, my work allows me to lift or not lift, my choice but my preferred recreation (backpacking) is pretty intense and I have read here and elsewhere that for bladder repairs you can "never" lift heavy again. Doc says if I will be very very good during my rehab and will wait 3-6 months, preferably 6 before I go hauling a pack around, I should be able to do anything I want after that. I will be the goodest little princess in the world for as long as necessary as long as ultimately I can go back to the "outback" of the Grand Canyon.

And Kat, my LIW twin - why do you have to wait so long? This team was making noises like they could still do me in April if I was up for it?
Unread 04-16-2003, 08:13 PM
Why the wait?

(((Felix)))

I am 37 yo and will be 38 in July. We are going to close on the house we sold and on the house we built next week. Plus my 2 DS's won't finish school until end of May. I felt I have put enough stress on their little lives. My boss goes on her annual vacation in June and she will be gone from June 12 through June 30. So I have to man the accounting department until she gets back. The soonest that my DR could schedule me was July 14 for that month. I know everyone thinks I am crazy. But if I want to have the full 6 weeks of recovery that I want, I had to bend a little myself. If I keep getting bigger each month I may have second thoughts...3 months or 13 weeks and counting!

Mother Nature visits next week...and I am already feeling it. I'm starting to feel like that purple girl in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory! Just roll me down the hall.

And thanks for the info on TVT sling. I know I have a hard time voiding completely, but that could be due to the size of the fibroid pressing against my bladder. And heaven forbid if I sneeze!

I'll have to ask my DR when I call about my BCP prescription.
Unread 04-17-2003, 05:11 PM
It's Official

Kat - good for you for thinking it all out. I was going to wait untill dd (21) was home for the summer but having decided to go ahead, just want it done and over with so I can start to heal. Also, this is the quietest time I'll have all year at work so very good from that perspective as well. We'll all just do the best we can and stay
Unread 04-17-2003, 06:37 PM
It's Official

Felix
I hope your's is on the 6th of May!! We could be Hyster twins It will become real when that phone rings and they give you a pre-op date!! I had a LUMP in my throat when I got mine. This weekend will be spent getting things around the house cleaned, the week of the 21st my work schedule is going to stress me out! 14 hour days M-T-W-TH off friday BUT have to go in to work for a meeting from 1-3 THEN off to pre-op with GYN at 3:45 at 4:15 I need to be at the Hospital for pre-op there AND work the weekend My DH will be off 9 days and I will be 8 weeks, with having a PVS along with LAVH the Urologist said I need to take it easy for 6 weeks (no bending & lifting) I'm giving myself an extra two weeks because of the work I do. Best of Luck to you Felix . It will be over soon!!
Ding
5/6 LAVH & PVS using Sparc (material of sling) Fibroids, Retroflexed and Prolasping Uterus R ovarian cyst--DON'T want the L getting lonley so it's going too
Unread 04-17-2003, 07:47 PM
It's Official

Ding - May 6th huh? I'll see what I can do . Your sig is freakin' me out, I too have a mass on my R. ovary but we're hoping it'll be ok and it and the L. buddy will get to stay. I do have ovulatory pain but willing to trade that for my own hormones.
Unread 04-18-2003, 09:21 AM
It's Official

I to am a L-I-W may 6th .... ( ding i think that means we are twins ) I waiting is the worst part i swear. I just want to get everything ready but then i think this isnt for a couple more weeks cant rucsh ahead..... Congrads on it being offical That is a big step! 's

Jessica
Unread 04-18-2003, 10:49 AM
It's Official

Boy Howdy on the waiting, it's been over 24 hours since I called to tell them to go ahead and schedule, now I want ACTION

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register