2 weeks and counting | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 weeks and counting 2 weeks and counting

Unread 06-16-2003, 09:58 AM
2 weeks and counting

I've had problems with uterine prolapse, pain, etc. since injuries during birth 10+ years ago, and with the advent of fibroids, 14 day heavy periods and this terrible fatigue, I finally decided to do the TAH about 2 months ago. I've been pretty calm about it, in fact kind of relieved that I've finally made the decision after all this time. However, with 2 weeks to go, I'm feeling scared and stressed out all of a sudden. I actually feel guilty for all the inconvenience this is going to cause family and clients at home and work. Also, I keep thinking about what if I don't wake up from the surgery and leave all the people who depend on me. Does anyone else have these thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2003, 10:15 AM
2 weeks and counting

Hi

I know from personal experience how scary the waiting can be. It's really hard!!! You are worried about everybody else when you should be concentrating on you right now. You need to be ready for the hospital and the recovery afterwards. Here are a couple of links for you to look at for items that might be helpful to you during your hospital stay and after.

I had dreams too that weren't to much fun, but that's all they turned out to be...dreams.

A lot of the women here have experienced both the scary feeling and having dreams. You are not alone

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/hsa...hp?s=&id=96849

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...hreadid=103776

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...485#post662485

Hope these will help you out!!!!

Sending you a big

Patty
Unread 06-16-2003, 06:21 PM
2 weeks and counting

I could have written your thread katwoman as I am having the same exact feelings. My decision has been made for 3 months yet now that I am 9 days away from surgery am so scared and worrying about everything and everyone. I also have had dreams as Patches mentioned. This surgery has been the main focus in my and my family's lives for months now. I wake up thinking about it--and go to sleep thinking about it. Someone told me that I am concentrating too much on the surgery and not enough on the increased quality of life I will have soon. Even though I know what they say is true it is my nature to be this way. I am a planner--I feel I have to have everything planned and know exactly what is going to happen. With this I don't have that control. I can research all I want--and have. I can be as knowledgeable as possible--and will be--but in the end it is God's and the doctor's hands that have the control and I have to trust them. I tell myself this constantly but in reality am not quite ready to turn it over to them yet. I hope I will be soon.
Isn't it funny too how we are always worrying about others and how they will do during this situation. They will be fine but we worry and concentrate on how to make it easier for them.

Please try not to worry. Know that all your sisters will be praying for you on your day to go to the Castle. I work a 4-midnight shift with a 35 minute ride home--each night on the way home I pray for all my sisters going to the Castle the next day! And for all the punctured princesses during their recovery.

I keep telling myself if I wake up in that recovery room, and have no complications--that I will relax, cooperate and reassure myself that all is well. So that part is fine--now I have to get to the part that relaxes before the castle date and put it in god's & doctor's hands. You and I can try to do that together!

Take care--

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register