am i crazy? I am looking forward to the RECOVERY!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

am i crazy?  I am looking forward to the RECOVERY!!!!! am i crazy? I am looking forward to the RECOVERY!!!!!

Unread 04-24-2005, 07:36 AM
am i crazy? I am looking forward to the RECOVERY!!!!!

HI,
I just wondered if I am totally nuts. I am looking forward to the recovery part of my surgery, that is after the severe pain is gone.
I feel like I have been on overdrive with trying to get things done before my surgery, and I have been so tired all the time due to maybe the endo. Every morning I wake up exhausted and don't know how I will have the energy to do everything. We have alot of animals and alot of yard and my husband does help, but I do alot. Well, I am looking forward to sleeping when I want, doing my cross stitch, reading and kicking back for a little while and waiting til I feel good. Now I feel so guilty if I take a nap or want to just sit for a little while, because there is stuff I want to get done. I will have an excuse to sit around after my surgery!
Don't get me wrong, I am not usually a lazy type of person, I am usually going going going. I like to run, ride my horses, work out in the yard, etc, but lately I just don't have the energy or the want.
So girls am I crazy or is ANYONE else feel this way?
Good luck to all of you! Love this board and the support it offers. Tiffany
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2005, 08:18 AM

You're not crazy... if you're anything like me, you haven't had a month off all in a row since junior high. I looked forward to it, too. I took tons of books out of the library, planned movie-watching on pay-per-view and napped every single day, sometimes twice. No guilt allowed! Even now, you ought not feel guilty. You have a medical condition. But I know how you feel - I was nesting madly before my surgery, too.

To give you some light at the end of the tunnel, you'll probably feel a lot better afterwards. I know I did, even just days after the surgery. Except for about 4 inches either side of where they cut me open, I could have danced all night the weekend after I got out of the hospital.

I have so much more energy now that I am not taking massive amounts of progestin for endo. I used to need 10+ hours of sleep a day, and was lucky that I had a job where I got home at 2 or so every day so I could take a nap before supper, and still went to bed at 10 or earlier. Now I get up at 5:30 for a yoga class 3 days a week, work 5-6 hours a day on my feet, come home, exercise, cook a nice supper every day, keep the house cleaner than I used to, and I can stay up late on the odd occasion without being exhausted the next day. And I am only 7 weeks post-op! Imagine when I am "fully recovered"!
Unread 04-24-2005, 08:20 AM

You're not crazy! I know exactly how you feel. I felt the same way. For the last 5 years I've been my family's goffer, cook, maid, and anything else they needed because of my husband's back injury that I never took time for me. I was on overdrive all week being the ultimate soccer mom and even sometimes on the weekend. I never got time to just stop and rest. I'm almost 5 weeks post op and I feel great. Went in to the office last week for a baby shower for a co worker and the first thing someone said was that I looked so refreshed and well rested. I said I know I deserved it!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2005, 05:04 PM
Crazy?

No, Tiffany, you are not crazy! I loved my time off from the daily rush. My problem was, I eventually had cabin fever and couldn't wait to get out and about again. Then I went through the "how much is too much" phase. It's been an interesting experience. The best thing that happened for me--I got laid off from work and returned to decorating cakes--something I love!

I hope your recovery will be restful and a time for you to enjoy being yourself.

Sending S and best wishes!!!

Cinderellen
Unread 04-24-2005, 05:20 PM

Definitely not crazy!! I've been thinking of this as a vacation. I've got my books lined up and my movies lined up and I'm going to sleep and be lazy. I've been zooming around too and am exhausted but heh! we're going to be sleeping a whole lot soon. And maybe we'll get flowers and gifts. So what's not to look forward to. LOL I've just got to remember that when the pain hits. LOL

Kay
Unread 04-24-2005, 06:39 PM
Bring on the "after"!

Hi Ladies

Be lazy-- enjoy--this is your time!!!

I am looking forward to the "after" because the "before" is just so miserable!I have very large fibroids which are causing so many probs...I have a hard time eating and always feel sick...now I am doing my pre-op cleasing so I feel even worse.

I am just counting the hours until it's all over!!!!! Hoping the pathology report comes back clean and the only thing I need to worry about is telling my sister what movie to pickup from Blockbuster each night!!

I am also having a mini tummy tuck (if all goes well) so I am very excited about the quest to retrieve what I am calling my 30-year-old waist! I figure if I have to wake up to multiple organs being removed and altered, I might as well also wake up thinner!

Some of my friends are more than ready to just come over and crash with me all day and be lazy right along w/me!! They want to have a pajama party!

So far I have to say besides the hassle and being sick-- this has been a great experience cause now I really know who my friends are-- and are not now! I think it really gives you the time to sort out your life and know what really, really makes you happy--and what doesn't!!

How often do you really get the chance to just take a time out -- relax-- the rushing around will be there again soon enough!

Regards,
Carol
Unread 04-24-2005, 07:14 PM

Oh hon you are not crazy. I hear you loud and clear.
At my house I run constantly. My hubby, four kids and the fur kids think that I am the only one in the house that can do anything. I am sure that many moms can relate. lol I am actually having foot surgery (for a klutzy accident that I had 7 weeks ago) on friday. Then the hysterectomy in May. I cannot wait for May to come when I lay in the hospital bed and don't have to do a darned thing. Plus, I won't have to hear MOM or Melis 500 times in one hour. I am going back to the hospital that I had my thyroid out last July and know that I will get amazing treatment. (You actually order room service for your meals!) Then I am going to come home and not do anything except relax and enjoy this well deserved rest.
Melissa

34 yrs old
LAVH & RSO (rescheduled for May 25th)
Unread 04-24-2005, 08:40 PM

I can certainly relate to this. I go in on Wednesday for my surgery. At church today, some people were asking how long I'd be in. I told them the doc said 2-3 days (TAH, BSO). I said I wasn't in any hurry to go home (all private rooms in my hospital) and wouldn't push to go home early! I have about 30 books lined up (went to the used paperback shop last week and then Walmart had the new releases yesterday), at least 10 movies I haven't seen that I've purchased at Movie Gallery's Buy 2 Used DVD, Get 1 or 2 free specials over the last year, and my kids' car pools lined up. Plus, I'm a teacher missing the last 4 weeks and have the whole summer to look forward to and to recuperate in. Good luck to you and enjoy that recovery. I plan to.
K

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register