Not sure if it's fibroids? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Not sure if it's fibroids? Not sure if it's fibroids?

Unread 02-21-2011, 10:39 AM
Not sure if it's fibroids?

hi everyone. i'm having a hysterectomy on friday, feb 25th, and i just need a little reassurance..can small fibroids cause problems?? the tech who did my ultrasound said that i have too many to count with the biggest being the size of an egg..one is pressing on my intestine and one is pressing on my rectum..i get severely distended, and it feels like someone is twisting my insides when this happens, and it comes out of the blue..i also am very crampy all the time and hold alot of water..i run 3-4 miles a day and lift weights after..i have always had a flat stomach, and now i look about 4 months pregnant..my problem is, the doc isn't convinced that it's the fibroids..(i've had every gastro test done..nothing wrong)..the tech swore that they would cause the bloating..doc said not so much..i'm having my uterus removed and keeping the ovaries..i just turned 40, so i don't want to go through menopause just yet..just would love a little feedback to ease my mind..thank you so much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2011, 07:03 PM
Re: Fibroids, bloating and pain issues

I would tend to agree with the tech. I had a very large fibroid--it was sitting on my bowel and causing problems. I would have some very painful days prior to surgery, it was hard to walk--I learned after the surgery that the fibroid was degenerating, that is what the dr. told me, and that was what was causing my pain. Like you I would exercise every day until it became too painful. When I was going for my pre-op work-ups one of the gals told me that her sister was going to have a hysterectomy--she wasn't feeling well and thought it was a gastro issue. Her internist told her that her fibroids were causing the problem. I know that some drs. don't want to commit and I understand the reasoning--like you I had a colonoscopy and endo and all were fine. If the fibroids are sitting on your rectum and intestines, it is hard for things to move through the way they should. Hopefully, after the surgery and as you start to heal things should improve.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register