Having Full Hysterectomy September 11th, help!!!! - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Having Full Hysterectomy September 11th, help!!!! Having Full Hysterectomy September 11th, help!!!!

Unread 08-13-2014, 06:29 PM
Re: Full Hysterectomy September 11th, help!!!!

Hi, I am in a weird place that I had one surgery in January (they thought a cyst on ovary) where they discovered endometriosis and removed all of one tube and most of the other other and most of one ovary- they were/are attached to colon. And now, after doing Lupron for 6 months to shrink growths, am having surgery again on October 10th to have total hysterectomy. I think I am more nervous this time, but reading your post and the responses helped so Thank You! I to was getting freaked by some of the responses. I also want to throw out that one thing that did help with some of my soreness in January was seeing my acupuncturist. I had called to put off normal treatment for arthritis and she told me to get in as soon as possible after surgery and I could tell a difference the same day. And as everyone else says rest rest rest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2014, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musa View Post
Hello,
I know exactly how you feel, my surgery is coming up and like you I had read all the things that can go wrong because i wanted to be totally educated about the risks. Don't get discouraged although everyone is different, there are many stories that have happy endings and women who say that their life is so much better and have had no complications. Please remember that most only post when there are problems or complications. There are many who also post happy stories and I think that the complications are the exception not the rule. Now that I am so close to surgery I am concentrating on the positive stories and praying that I will be one. I am also focusing on just getting prepared as much as possible so that recovery will go well. It also helps me to remember that almost everything in life carries certain risks--just driving a car for example. Good luck and I hope that you are able to find some peace of mind.
Hi There....I am post op 8 weeks as of today and feeling great. I had a total done lap and I did great and I've had no problems other than hot flashes. I felt the same as you do about the hormones and spoke with my Dr. Who was very patient with me and listened to my concerns and gave me some information sites to read. He was very respectful of my feelings. The one thing he told me was that the transdermal patches are better for you due to the fact they bypass the liver having to process them and go directly to your system. I went on the Minivelle and started with the low dose. The bio identical are expensive and most insurances will not pay for them and in my reading the Minivelle patch is a plant based Estradal so do your research. You are going to do just fine and sleep a lot the first week...enjoy watch movies and enjoy the down time....just take it easy.
Unread 08-15-2014, 07:54 PM
Re: Having Full Hysterectomy September 11th, help!!!!

Hey! I am 4 days post op and doing amazing! I had a total abdominal hysterectomy, the hospital stay was by far the worst part of my horror story! Now that I am home...things are slowly going back to normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2014, 10:04 PM

Hey my surgery date is the same as yours....
Unread 08-15-2014, 10:24 PM
Having Full Hysterectomy September 11th, help!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheeba67 View Post
Hello,

I posted yesterday but I can't find my post anywhere, I don't know what I did wrong. Anyway, my histerectomy is Sep 11th and I am very scared from everything that I have been reading here, I even feel like I should cancel, I am terrified and full of questions. Does anybody know about bio-identical hormones? If so do they work? My doctor is saying no but I don't feel right taking the synthetic ones. They are taking everything out because I have endometriosis and adenomyosis.
The are doing it laparoscopy and vaginal. Why everybody has so many different side effects from the same surgery? It just doesn't feel right. Is there any person that is happy and had a good recovery? Please if so answer me. I am reading about the pelvic floor collapsing, the bleeding, the pain, the swollen belly. Is is that horrible?? And then the vaginal issues, can it close? No libido. I am so confused please help. I hope this post works
I had my tvh on Aug 7th no pain really or bleeding but very tired. We all heal differently. I looked forward to mine after several years of pain, exhausting all my choices and no relief. In your case I would say go ahead. You will be OK and the things you are worried about are worse case scenario. I had everything but my tubes and ovaries removed and I had period like cramping the day of surgery when all was said and done but the next day was fine no pain no bleeding just weak and tired. If say you will do great. Just talk with your Dr. For some reassurance. Having explained to me by my doc what would happen made it a lot easier and having this site also helped. Good luck
Unread 08-17-2014, 06:42 PM

I'm really thankful that I have seen your post, I am thinking about the same as you also my surgery is the 12 of Sept. Seeing some of the postitve results makes me feel good about my decision. I have seen a lot of people who are complaining about being in pain all the very best with your upcoming date
Unread 08-26-2014, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granna Susan View Post
I
I had a total vaginal on June 30th with anterior and posterior repair. Let me say, and we are all different, everything has been 99% easier than I expected. I spent one night in the hospital, came home on Tuesday- by Wednesday I decided I did not need the narcotics, or really anything. I was in church that Sunday, went to a bridal shower, back to church that night...and I haven't missed anything since. I have taken it easy, limited housework, no heavy lifting, etc. I am a teacher and go back to work on the 8th of August, which will be just short of 6 weeks. In reality, I could have gone back earlier. The one thing that did surprise me some was the fatigue the first three weeks. You will be just fine and then all of a sudden the tiredness just hits. I was given the okay to drive and swim at 10 days. I have my 6 week check on the 13th of August and hopefully will get the go ahead for sex, which is something I am looking forward to, so I guess my libido is okay! I am just a little nervous to see how that goes as it has always been good and I want that to continue! I hope this encourages you somewhat. My doctor said he could do the exact same surgery on 10 people and no two would be the same- but that I was definitely the poster child for what he referred to as "The Blue Plate Special!"
Boy, I needed this encouraging story. I am having this exact surgery on Oct. 15th and am pretty much freaked out especially about the bladder repair. So thanks
Unread 08-27-2014, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow625 View Post
Boy, I needed this encouraging story. I am having this exact surgery on Oct. 15th and am pretty much freaked out especially about the bladder repair. So thanks
On aug 18th, 9 days ago, I had a tvh with anterior and posterior repair plus a monarc sling. I feel amazing! I have not had any exhaustion at all. I might ache a little "down there" by bedtime, but other than that I feel great! I was very fit before surgery and I am certain that this has aided in my recovery. The worst thing about the surgery was the gas which persisted fir a couple of days . I have had barely any bleeding but find that it will increase if I try to do too much. Everyone said I woukd feel so much better when I had this done. They were right! Because of all my prolapses I have been suffering with incontinence related problems for over 7 yrs. Urgency..leaking .etc. so far this is no longer a problem! I spent a bunch of time dreading the surgery when it turns out I didnt need to. Hope my positive story helps! God bless!
Unread 08-27-2014, 01:45 PM

Hi! I too have my surgery on September 11th. Da Vinci, and they will take everything except for my ovaries. I also have a lot of adhesions and scar tissue.
As far as the bio identical hormones, I have no experience personally, but one of my best friend does and she says they saved her. She had a full radical hysterectomy and all of the unwelcome side effects, including depression, anger, weight gain, no libido etc. She saw a Dr who specialized in them and has been singing their praises ever since. She feels amazing. I know a few people who have used them ewho have not had hysterectomies, and love them too. Hope this helps!!!
Unread 08-27-2014, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASouthernSista View Post
On aug 18th, 9 days ago, I had a tvh with anterior and posterior repair plus a monarc sling. I feel amazing! I have not had any exhaustion at all. I might ache a little "down there" by bedtime, but other than that I feel great! I was very fit before surgery and I am certain that this has aided in my recovery. The worst thing about the surgery was the gas which persisted fir a couple of days . I have had barely any bleeding but find that it will increase if I try to do too much. Everyone said I woukd feel so much better when I had this done. They were right! Because of all my prolapses I have been suffering with incontinence related problems for over 7 yrs. Urgency..leaking .etc. so far this is no longer a problem! I spent a bunch of time dreading the surgery when it turns out I didnt need to. Hope my positive story helps! God bless!

Absolutely this was sent just at the right time. I am exactly 7 weeks till surgery today and have a lot of pressure down there. UGH. I do find myself worrying about the pain after surgery so this was encouraging. What kind of pain meds did they use on you? Did you have mesh? I am using native tissue with hopes of utereosacral ligaments not being too stretched out. Urogyn says not to put in sling cuz she thinks I might not empty my bladder ( currently having problems with that). Did you get to go home w/o bladder bag? I'm nervous but know I just can't live with this ( just fell to stage 3 uterus prolapse, 2 bladder) on June 25! Probably going south for a long time but my body finally decided to fall apart on my 37th wedding anniversary! God bless everyone who posts positive outcomes---I desparately need to know it that I will come out shining like gold!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register