Scheduled TAH 11 More Days!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

11 More Days!!!! 11 More Days!!!!

Unread 08-27-2011, 09:30 AM
11 More Days!!!!

OK, so my surgery was orignally scheduled for Oct. 20th, then moved up to Sep. 8th due to complications. I can NOT believe it is coming up SO fast. I am nervous but excited. The one thing I am upset about and no not want to think about while I am recovering is the fact that I may not have a job when my recovery is over. I have only been at my job for 5 months and have been the ideal employee, ie-never late, neber call out, do my job well, and I was called into the office managers office yesterday and told that since I have not been there 1 year that there may not be a position for me when I return. I started sobbing like a baby, I have a house, kids yada yada yada. So then I went home and started searching for new jobs because I have been FREAKING out that I will be unemployed when I return. To make matters worse, my husband was laid off 6 months ago and can not anything in this terrible economy. I do not want to be that family with kids and 2 unemployed parents!!!! It scares me to death!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2011, 07:36 PM
Re: 11 More Days!!!!

So, so sorry! Your story is heartbreaking because we hear it so often these days. Your employer should be ashamed! I don't know who you work for, but it just sounds like a good excuse to make a cut back without firing someone, so they don't have to feel bad! Hang in there, and hopefully something will work out for you.

Sending you a big (((hug))) and best wishes!
Unread 08-28-2011, 05:53 PM
Re: 11 More Days!!!!

im in the same position having only been at my job 3 months. However, after talking to people in our corporate office and district supervisors, they suggested that i go to the labor board if that happens. In our state medical leave is not grounds for termination even barely outside of probationary periods. Im in georgia btw lol. Its like I told my supervisor, I'm not electively having 3 surgeries in one sitting!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register