CONTEST! Win a Cool Secret! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Community - HysterSisters > Monthly Poll (and occasional Contest!)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

CONTEST! Win a Cool Secret! CONTEST! Win a Cool Secret!

Unread 11-05-2012, 09:57 AM
CONTEST! Win a Cool Secret!

This week I am giving away a Cool Secret w/insert!

They are no longer available in the store, so get it while you can!

It’s a $29.95 value.

Keeps you cool, comfortable and dry for up to two hours.

Question:

What are your traditions for Thanksgiving?

Here's how it works:

1. Reply to this thread.
2. Tell us: What are your traditions for Thanksgiving?

Friday, November 9th we will choose 1 winner at random.

This Week's Prize:

Cool Secrets with Insert. Valued at $29.95! No longer available on our website.

How to enter contest:

Reply to this thread telling us about your Thanksgiving traditions.

Multiple Winners Selected:

This Friday - at random - I will use the randomizer to select a post as a winner. I'll reply on the thread to announce a winner!

And because my attorney requires the rules: This contest is void where prohibited by law. Your chance to win is based on the number of participating member's replies. ETA: HysterSisters.com staff members are not eligible to win a prize but we invite them to participate in this thread!

Okie, let's get started!

NOTE: Replies that do not follow contest rules will be removed. In other words, please reply only with your response
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2012, 10:39 AM
Re: CONTEST! Win a Cool Secret!

My husband and I alternate between families for Thanksgiving, but my tradition is to always dig and search through all the ads and plan my attack for Black Friday! I always try to take at least one of my sisters with me! If we are with my family, after dinner we always head over to Garden Ridge and check out their Christmas decorations!
Unread 11-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Thumbs up - CONTEST! Win a Cool Secret! Re: CONTEST! Win a Cool Secret!

Well, Holidays around here have changed for me in the past few years. My Mother passed away in 2010 so the tradition of having dinner with her ended. I was fortunate enough to meet a great guy shortly after her passing. His family has welcomed me in to their home with open arms. I was only able to share the Thanksgiving meal with them last year as this year I will be in recovery at the hospital during Thanksgiving. I would love to start my own new Thanksgiving tradition of getting as many sales papers together and going through them with everyone in the family and have them take the pictures out and put them in a folder as their "wish list" Might ask everyone to do that for me this year. So I can maybe get some online shopping done during my recovery.
Wendy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2012, 03:38 PM

My thanksgiving traditions are so different now that our lives have changed. My mothers passing 9 years ago, means we go to the grave to pay our respects in the morning as a family, say hello mom! and we all go out to breakfast as a family. My son goes to his grandmoms house now for turkey dinner, so the rest of us are pretty much on our own. Mostly, we now go out to dinner, no dishes! Which makes me pretty thankful!
Unread 11-05-2012, 06:17 PM

We usually go to visit my sister-in-law and her family in Louisiana. It's always so much fun getting the kids together...and the adults. No matter where we are though, I always seem to end up with turkey duty. I don't mind, because it's always a good time. It's one of my favorite holidays because we're always together.
Unread 11-05-2012, 09:03 PM

Since we do not live near our family we have our own.. We get together with our next door neighbors who are like our family.. and we celebrate with them. We do lunch with them and usually pizza for dinner.. watch some football and the boys will go out and throw around the ball some too.. then we put up our Christmas lights..
Unread 11-05-2012, 09:15 PM

From the time my daughter had her own home we have gone to her home. We even went as my father health failed carrying him up over the steps. With the death of my father in law this year means one less person at our thanks giving table. I myself love Thanksgiving because it is not a way for our stores to make money but a chance for family to get together and be thankful for what we have not what we did not have and just be together.
Unread 11-06-2012, 07:14 AM

Once the turkey and sides are demolished-- we start putting up our Christmas decorations!!! I love my Christmas season stuff and this project usually takes most of a full week to put up (and take down in January!)

Unread 11-06-2012, 07:28 AM
Talking - CONTEST! Win a Cool Secret! CONTEST! Win a Cool Secret!

Thanksgiving traditions at my house have always been an American Thanksgiving, on Christmas we have a Mexican menu, since my family is Mexican American we always get together at my house, we cook the meal together, the girls & I, then we all get together and eat... Then the girls start planning who is getting what on their lists for Black Friday shopping they always split their lists so they get everything they nerd on the side of the store they are on etc..., since I stay home with all the grand kids.... It's going to be different this year, since I lost my little brother on 2/6/12... His birthday it's 11/21/71... Which is the day before Thanksgiving
Unread 11-06-2012, 07:54 AM

Our tradition is out with turkey and in with the barque ribs on the grill. My husband dislikes turkey so this is what he wanted. I love this tradition because I don't have to cook as much. We spend Thanksgiving with Grandma and Aunties J and our small family. We each go around the table sharing what we are thankful for then grace is said. Then the stories begin with retelling fond memories of the past. I think of it as ahealing process for our Grandma and Auntie who are both widows helps them remember the good times. When are bellies are full we rest and and watch a movie. Then we get up and eat again!
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register