Hysterectomy tomorrow 5/25: T minus 12 hours and counting... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy tomorrow 5/25: T minus 12 hours and counting... Hysterectomy tomorrow 5/25: T minus 12 hours and counting...

Unread 05-24-2016, 06:48 PM
Hysterectomy tomorrow 5/25: T minus 12 hours and counting...

Well, everything is cleaned and prepped and at this point j am not sure what to do with myself.. Not in the mood for a bath or anything. Kind of a hurry up and wait!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2016, 07:05 PM
Re: T minus 12 hours and counting...

Hi Ablated -

Yes, the night before surgery can be difficult and stressful.

I put in favorite DVDs to distract myself and chatted with my DH.

Good luck with your surgery. We will be waiting for you on the other side.

Unread 05-24-2016, 07:07 PM

Good luck, hope you have a smooth recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2016, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablated View Post
Well, everything is cleaned and prepped and at this point j am not sure what to do with myself.. Not in the mood for a bath or anything. Kind of a hurry up and wait!!

It will be a long night. Maybe listen to some subliminal relaxation music off of you tube. Do you have some water bottles and granola bars on your night stand? I also went on Netflix and saved a bunch of things I wanted to watch. Is your heating pad plugged in and your ice packs in the freezer? Have you hydrated well today? Good luck tomorrow! You will be just fine!
Unread 05-24-2016, 07:10 PM

Thank you all!! I do have my stashes in the nightstand. I think I might put something on TV for a bit. Falling asleep should not be too hard tonight, I was awake at three this morning
Unread 05-24-2016, 08:11 PM

Best of luck Ablated! See you on the other side!! All will go well!
Unread 05-24-2016, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ena920 View Post
Best of luck Ablated! See you on the other side!! All will go well!
Thank you!!
Unread 05-24-2016, 08:17 PM

My surgery is scheduled for 5/25 at 7:30am. I am a procrastinator so, I still have to get my bag together for my 5am arrival. I think waiting leaves me with something to think about other than the actual surgery. I will probably be a bundle of nerves in the morning. Hopefully, they will just put me to sleep quick and I'll wake up with it all in the past. I have had increasingly heavy periods since I had a tubaI ligation 12 years ago. The last few years have just gotten worse. I even tried menstrual cups to deal with the flow. That didn't work out so well with a tilted uterus. Never seemed to fit properly. Well, after 2 months of having what felt like contractions for a day each cycle I had to get some help. Fibroid and suspected adenomyosis. She said it feels like my bladder may be adhered to my uterus. I've had c-sections and an ectopic to be repaired so there is plenty of scar tissue. I just hope it's not a big mess when she goes in and everything goes nice and smooth. Well, enough about me. I wish all of you ladies the best. Hugs
Unread 05-24-2016, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayla11 View Post
My surgery is scheduled for 5/25 at 7:30am. I am a procrastinator so, I still have to get my bag together for my 5am arrival. I think waiting leaves me with something to think about other than the actual surgery. I will probably be a bundle of nerves in the morning. Hopefully, they will just put me to sleep quick and I'll wake up with it all in the past. I have had increasingly heavy periods since I had a tubaI ligation 12 years ago. The last few years have just gotten worse. I even tried menstrual cups to deal with the flow. That didn't work out so well with a tilted uterus. Never seemed to fit properly. Well, after 2 months of having what felt like contractions for a day each cycle I had to get some help. Fibroid and suspected adenomyosis. She said it feels like my bladder may be adhered to my uterus. I've had c-sections and an ectopic to be repaired so there is plenty of scar tissue. I just hope it's not a big mess when she goes in and everything goes nice and smooth. Well, enough about me. I wish all of you ladies the best. Hugs
Sounds like me! Good luck and talk to you soon!
Unread 05-25-2016, 01:58 PM
Re: Hysterectomy tomorrow 5/25: T minus 12 hours and counting...

Good luck today Lady! Praying for a smooth surgery and a speedy recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register