Any 2 week's out there? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any 2 week's out there? Any 2 week's out there?

Unread 02-20-2006, 06:04 PM
Any 2 week's out there?

How are all the 2 weekers doing? How is recovery going for ya? I am losing my mind to some degree. Not use to doing next to nothing. I finally got the courage to take off 3 sterile strips from one of the scopes. Does not look to bad. Got to get a lot of courage to take the next 20 off the bikini cut. I am soooo afraid.

What is everyone doing? I went back to work part time today. said that it was ok since I have a desk job. Helping out with some little things around house. Like I cut some of the food for dinner and my kids and dh put it in the pans and cook it. Nice to just be helping. Cannot wait to get rid of this swelly belly. Any cannot wait to have relations with my dh again soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2006, 06:58 PM
Any 2 week's out there?

I had mine on Feb 8, 2006. You must being doing very well to be able to go back to work! I am helping out a little around the house but I still get tired very quickly and I have alot of back pain. My belly is still swollen but it has gone down quite a bit. I am only 41 and use to be very active, so I am not use to sitting down and being helped all the time. From what I read on these boards, we need to take it easy for quite some time. I had the laproscopic surgery but had complications and they ended up opening me up. The Dr. took the bandages off the day after surgery. My incision looks gross but the 3 small incision around my belly button are close to being healed.

Take care
Gwen
Unread 02-20-2006, 07:02 PM
Any 2 week's out there?

Hi there...

I'm a 2-weeker (well, 2 weeks and 3 days). I was feeling quite good. Still VERY tired. I've never slept as much as I have since surgery. It's crazy...a nap AND then 14 hours at night (that was Friday). I wake up and have energy and then it's like someone flips a switch and I desperately need to nap. haha...Crazy!

I did just have a postop "complication" which ended me back in the hospital for 2 nights. I developed a cyst in my lower right side. Thankfully it didn't get infected, but the pain was something incredible. They broke the "nothing in the vagina for 6 weeks" rule and did a vaginal ultrasound (never had so much pain in my life from hitting that cyst) and then a regular pelvic. Once the pain was under control, it stayed under control and is now gone. I have more discomfort where the vaginal stitches are, most likely due to the invasion of the ultrasound and pelvic. The Dr's still not totally sure what all that was about (came here to search around for others with the same problem), but the hope is that the cyst is starting to reabsorb.

I look forward to having a somewhat normal day tomorrow! I have no extra restrictions beyond the usual post surgical, so that's good.

Take care, and good luck with those last 20 steristrips. I only had 4 laporoscopic incisions...2 strips/incision, and 3 on the larger one, but the incisions look great...very little scar already.

Carrie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2006, 07:58 PM
Any 2 week's out there?

I am 2 1/2 weeks post op I look at the calendar and can't believe I have to go back to work in 3 weeks I am getting around fine. I can wear my regular clothes (for atleast half a day LOL). But I get so tired so easily. I am fine walking but just standing is still painful. I have read on here and had several people tell me the 3 week mark is when you start feeling more normal. I hope that is the case. I am getting bored watching TV, reading books and magazines and watching DVD's.
Unread 02-20-2006, 09:28 PM
Any 2 week's out there?

I am also 2 1/2 weeks out and I am feeling really good. I feel like I have so much more energy than I did before my surgery. i have been doing things around the house. No lifting or pushing anything, but I am slowly getting back into my routines. I am back into my clothes, but it seems the longer I wear my jeans the more my belly swells. I am really happy with my progress so far. I also can't wait until my dh and I can share some intimate time together.
Lynn
Unread 02-20-2006, 10:23 PM
Any 2 week's out there?

Hi, I'm Carol and I am 2 weeks post-op as of today. Have been feeling really bad since surgery...last week had really awful coughing spell and just knew I had messed up something, well, that was confirmed today. It appears I have a "pooling" of fluid behind my incision(had 15 staples), Dr. said coughing had stretched some of my internal stitches and now there's some fluid that is pooled up behind the left side of my incision area, it is painful but not intolerable. He says my incision might open in a small area to drain if it gets any worse.That sounds like fun huh? I do not sleep!!!!!!!!! I am awake all hours of the night which is making me very tired and weak but overall I feel better today on my 2 week mark than I have felt so far. I have had terrible tension headaches but now have meds for those...the pain pills given to me upon discharge were flushed last night, they drive me up the wall, I actually think they contributed my sleepless nights.. Sorry this post is so long...it's my first! !!! I am so happy I found this site!
Unread 02-20-2006, 10:42 PM
Any 2 week's out there?

Wow! The 2 weekers are not all on the right track yet! I had my surgery 2-6 and I am back to the OR tomorrow. Like Stellllla, I had fluid build up and it broke through and I now have stitches that have given way and two small holes. The surgery will only take about 20 minutes. I also started estrogen replacement (vivelle) even though I kept my ovaries.... Also a UTI!! Thinking of my fellow 2 weekers and looking forward to our 6 week replies that we all feel great!
Unread 02-21-2006, 07:36 AM
Wishing it was 6 months post-op and this is all a blurry memory

This is a very humbling experience. For someone who once had high energy and stamina, I am amazed at how simple acts can drain the body and soul. I think I am "turning the corner" and the next day am feeling like it was day #2 all over again. Like many of the other ladies, my surgery ended up being a lot more than I bargained for. My vaginal surgery turned into a 4 hour abdominal procedure, it took 4 Drs. to intubate me and they chipped my front tooth in the process and I had a scary reaction to a drug post-op. I went in healthy and strong and came out feeling like I'd lost a knife fight and was run over by a semi. Presently I am most concerned about my intestines doing their job correctly. Everything hurts. Due to blood loss, I am on iron and taking stool softeners to counteract the constipating effect. Going to the bathroom is a stressful situation -- my abdomen and incision ache. I trust all this will correct itself with time but I am growing impatient. I just don't know how to sit patiently and take care of myself! I look forward to talking 6 weeks post-op and then 6 months post-op. I hope this is all a distant and faded memory by then!
Unread 02-21-2006, 07:53 AM
Any 2 week's out there?

I too am a two weeker! It seems to go day by day. The only complication, if you want to call it that is constipation due to being severely enemic and having to take iron. Well, since the severe pain from that and sleepless nights, I am off the iron and on stool softeners and mega amounts of water until I become regular under the advice of my dr. I have been feeling great the last couple days only to have another sleepless night last night. This time ended up with a major bout of diarreah (yuk, I know!) and was up all night again in pain because of it. I have been fortunate to not have ended up back in the hospital for anything (knock on wood there!) but am experiencing fatigue and pain on and off. I also found a small hard lump above my right breast that feels almost like bruise and if it doesn't go away I will call the dr and have it checked out.

I am excited though.....I am going on a little outing this week. Only to my cousins house on Keuka Lake. A little change of scenery will be wonderful, maybe even help with the recovery process.

I too have been doing little things around the house. Folding laundry and picking up a little in the kitchen and some light cooking. When I find myself getting tired I just stop and sit down. It'll take time for us all and I just hope that we all recover fully and without too many more complications!!!

Hugs to all recovering sisters!

dena
Unread 02-21-2006, 08:16 AM
Any 2 week's out there?

hey sisters,

2 weeks and 1 day since surgery, spent 5 days in castle due to complications. first 10 days were pretty rough. rx pain pills had to go, I'd be asleep for 15 minutes, wake up thinking I'd been asleep for hours, switched to OTC pain meds and doing better. still only sleeping a couple of hours at a time. had tah bso, lost lot of blood, had problems with lungs and regulating blood sugar. got staples out yesterday, put on steri strips and looking forward to getting stronger. being pampered dh was with me 24/7 first week and mom with me this week. pathology had cyst covered ovaries, enormous fibroid, large cervical fibroid = all cancer free. no major symptoms about menopause. hey i even managed to loose 22 pounds first week and a half, every day gets better

peace

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register