Night Sweats with Ovaries Intact anyone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Night Sweats with Ovaries Intact anyone? Night Sweats with Ovaries Intact anyone?

Unread 02-11-2007, 05:50 AM
Night Sweats with Ovaries Intact anyone?

I had my uterus removed and kept my cervix and ovaries, (my op was on 30th January) I'm doing ok I think, apart from sweating at night which gets me down.
Does this happen to anyone else who still has ovaries? I thought that I wouldn't experience this if they remained...
I had 2 large fibroids removed which was the reason for the op.
It's so confusing this hormone thing isn't it?!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2007, 06:35 AM

It's very common for ovaries to go into shock following the trauma of surgery. It took mine a couple of months to 'wake up' and start functioning normally again.

Try a 'forum search' on sleeping ovaries ... you'll find lots of posts and will be able to compare experiences.

Hang in there!

Unread 02-11-2007, 07:12 AM

Hi Sister,

I did go through the same thing. I think it was about week 3 of post op. I came here for answers to. Someone wrote about our ovaries starting to work and the other wrote it might be the pain meds and junk getting out of our system. I think it lasted about a week and then went away.

Our bodies just went through a major surgery. Be patient it will pass.

Maureen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2007, 07:52 AM

I did this the first and second night home but havent had it since. I kept one overy.
Unread 02-11-2007, 08:17 AM

My ovaries definitely went to sleep, and are still snoozing. I called the doctor's office, and they told me that it could take up to two months for my body to get over the shock of the surgery and hopefully return to normal. I also noticed that I was very weepy, and grumpy. I feel much better this week.

I was ready to have an electrician come into the house, because I swore that the thermostats in the house were broken and that my heat had to be 80+ degrees, even though they were registering the 68 that I have them set at. I was opening the doors to let the cold air in, and we are in the middle of an arctic cold blast here in NE. I have just set the thermostats at 65, and I'm keeping a few layers around so I can go through my temperature fluctuations......
Unread 02-11-2007, 08:40 AM

Thanks everyone for the advice, it's really such a small thing when you compare the bigger picture but it is very annoying trying to keep a steady temperature, and it's ongoing.
Thank goodness we have each other to ask!
This site really is wonderful...
Unread 02-11-2007, 09:05 AM

I noticed this the first day or two I was home and was having what I think were hot flashes but it's stopped. I do have an occasional night sweat but was having those prior to surgery as I am in the menopausal age range so I'm not surprised.

I think my ovaries are waking up, so to speak, as I felt some mid-month twinges like before when I was ovulating and it's right on schedule as if I was going to have a period....but no period will show up!! Yeaaa!!!
Unread 02-11-2007, 11:40 PM

wow I must be abnormal ! haha no seriously my hormones are still fluctuating... I still get the occasional hot flash and night sweat, but it took closer to 6 months for the nite sweats and hot flashes to settle down which happened every day.. and the headaches tooo. figured out that I got them more when i was doing too much and was tired..
Unread 02-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Night sweats with ovaries

I kept both of my ovaries and had no idea that my hormones might get messed up. I started with night sweats at about 2 weeks. I am at almost 10 weeks and still having them. My doc said that it should only be about 3-4 wks for your ovaries to come back, but I am hoping that they will still kick in. My blood levels show low hormones . I got a chillow pillow, it was a bit of a hassle to activate but you only have to do it once. It is really nice! The night sweats have lessened since I started using it. You can get one on this forum or from ebay. Take care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register