Omg kidney stones | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Omg kidney stones Omg kidney stones

Unread 05-23-2012, 02:45 PM
Omg kidney stones

Im 5weeks and 3days post op. Got up yesterday with horrible back pain and the old familure burning with urination. Called my reg dr and she had me come in. I have a kidney/UT Infection and possible some stones again. Im going back tomorrow for a KUB/catscan and some xrays. Im so not up for this right now. Feeling great after surgery and now this. I wonder if I should call my surgens office and see what he thinks. I know he just seen me for the prolapse and hysterectomy but this close to post op i wonder if the stones are to large what kinda damage could happen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2012, 07:30 PM
Omg kidney stones

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatzow View Post
Im 5weeks and 3days post op. Got up yesterday with horrible back pain and the old familure burning with urination. Called my reg dr and she had me come in. I have a kidney/UT Infection and possible some stones again. Im going back tomorrow for a KUB/catscan and some xrays. Im so not up for this right now. Feeling great after surgery and now this. I wonder if I should call my surgens office and see what he thinks. I know he just seen me for the prolapse and hysterectomy but this close to post op i wonder if the stones are to large what kinda damage could happen.
I would call your surgeon just to be safe and I am so sorry you are going thru this my mom has had terrible kidney stones and says the pain I terrible hope you have a food result
Unread 05-23-2012, 10:29 PM
Re: Omg kidney stones

Sorry you are feeling so lousy. I have had kidney stones in the past and they are no fun. I would'nt think stones would cause any damage since the ureters were not affected by surgery. Hopefully you just have an infection and it will clear up with antibiotics!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2012, 11:54 AM

I called just to be on the safe side. He says it should be ok that if I need to have the surgery to break them up to call and he would give me a referal to a surgen. I go today for a KUB and a renal scan. I hope they are small and can pass. The infection seems to be getting better with the shot and the antibiotics. Lord this has been no picnic at all. Kidney stones are HORRIBLE
Unread 05-24-2012, 01:24 PM

Sending happy pain free thoughts your way
Unread 05-31-2012, 11:04 AM

I am 21 days post op. I too had two days post op days 14-16 where I had a kidney stone. My surgeon thought I prob just overdid it and told me to stretch and use heat/cold (which I was already doing). Finally I felt it pass and saw it in the toilet! Amen! Don't need anymore pain than what you are already going thru! I wonder how common this is status post hyster?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register