First day wearing pants... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

First day wearing pants... First day wearing pants...

Unread 05-23-2010, 08:21 AM
First day wearing pants...

I know it seems silly but I'm day 14 post op with a vertical incision that has been giving me some issues with swelling and oozing and I'm wearing a pair of pants for the first time. They're just a pair of thin tshirt type material but they're pants!! It's a big day!!! Not sure how long I'll be able to last in them as I've been living in a nightgown or tshirt dresses since the surgery. I'm lucky I've had no discharge or bleeding since the first couple of days in the hospital as I'm not even able to handle underwear touching the incision. It's funny how being able to wear something close to what I used to wear brings me such joy but it does. My friend is on her way here to take me out for a quick trip to the mall and I didn't feel like wearing a loose fitting dress again....we'll see how long I last. Thought I'd share with you guys as I know you'll all understand...my boyfriend thought I was crazy when I sent him a text just now telling him of my great feat for the day lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2010, 08:57 AM
Re: First day wearing pants...

Good for you....celebrate every little step of the way! Enjoy your trip to the mall but don't over do it! I went to Walmart the other day and felt like that was the best shopping outing ever, funny how we appreciate little things now!

Take care and heal well!
Unread 05-23-2010, 09:26 AM

Skeeter10, I ain't ashamed to admit I'm a little jealous . I'm at 27 days with my vertical incision and I still can't bear my old pants yet. They feel fine when I put them on, but then after a few minutes I must take those suckas off! I tried on larger sized pants but even they annoyed me. My friend suggested I cover my incision with a thin pad or panty liner- didn't work. I finally broke down and bought some maternity pants and a pair jeans on sale. They feel really good. And you can't tell they are maternity.

I would like to wear regular pants/jeans, but I may not be able to for a while without major annoyance. That's okay, just as long as I continue to look gooooood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2010, 02:24 PM

Well I made it through our shopping trip in my pants with no issues other then the regular pain from being upright for too long. I even managed to try on some loose linen pull on type pants from my favourite store and was thrilled to see that I'm down two pant sizes even with my swelly belly. It actually really perked me up ...loosing a little weight especially at a time like this does wonders for your motivation!!! I was thrilled to get home and immediately put my favourite silky soft nightie back on.

I'm still not able to wear jeans or any fitted type pants but was nice to see that I'm getting closer and closer to that. I had considered going in and buying some maternity pants...they have some really cute maternity stuff out there!!! But hoping I won't have to as I think I have a couple of things I can wear now...and with the warmer weather coming loose tshirt dresses are actually not a bad idea.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register