4 Months - !!NO Energy!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 Months - !!NO Energy!! 4 Months - !!NO Energy!!

Unread 05-05-2005, 03:38 PM
4 Months - !!NO Energy!!

Hi,

It will be 4 months 5/14 and am having some problems. Having no motivation and no energy Also, been having a burning, itchiness & pain when urinating. Saw my DR and he prescibed Diflucan with Monistat because he thought it was a yeast infection. It did help but still hasn't cleared up. I have had two UTI since the surgery, maybe its back. I've been taking .5mg of Premarin for the "happy hot flashes" and helping. The DR stated that urinary tract infections are common due to the lack of estrogen.

Girls any suggestions????

Rose

Unread 05-05-2005, 06:16 PM
4 Months - !!NO Energy!!

I have been experiencing the same problems---lack of energy, fatigue, insomnia, inability to concentrate or remember things, withdrawn, just not myself. I had a TAH on 1-18-05 and had kept my ovaries. I called my DR last week because of the way I was feeling plus I was still having pain on the left side of my incision. She order hormone levels and an ultrasound which was all normal. She suggested Lexapro or Effexor because she felt that I am probably experiencing post traumatic stress syndrome. (I had some major complications following my surgery.) I am going to give the Lexapro a try. Do you think you could be having some depression? Also you may want to call your Dr back, you may have another UTI or need another round of Diflucan. Another thing that has gotten me down is the number of medications I have been on since the surgery. I don't think I have taken this many pills (antibiotics) in all of my life!!!! Hoping everything improves soon. Take care.

Nancy
Unread 05-05-2005, 06:45 PM
4 Months - !!NO Energy!!

I have found that diet plays a huge role in our energy. Try really concentrating on eating foods that will contribute to this. Limit caffiene, white sugar, white breads. Eat plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables and eat enough protein so you won't crash in the afternoon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2005, 07:06 PM
4 Months - !!NO Energy!!

How many of you take iron? I think everyone should be put on iron as soon as they are released from the hospital? I started taking it my 2nd. week post-op. This may help too.
Unread 05-05-2005, 07:35 PM
4 Months - !!NO Energy!!

Hi Rose ~

My Dr. advised me against taking iron pills because of bowel problems it would cause. A week after surgery I lost a LOT of blood.

I ate all the enriched cereals w/iron, spinich, veggies high in iron, good carbs (that is fuel your body needs) I didn't care what color the bread was...I picked the loaf that had the most iron...stayed away from sweets (oye!) Brought my hematocrit up in 3 weeks.

I never had the bowel problems or the fatique, but then I'm not taking hormones anymore.

You'll get there...hang in there..it seems to be a very big problem with most of the sisters!

Unread 05-05-2005, 07:54 PM
4 Months - !!NO Energy!!

The bowel problems can have an effect by too much iron. I never had that problem. I guess I was put on the right dosage of iron.
Unread 05-05-2005, 08:01 PM
4 Months - !!NO Energy!!

Right Karole ! I should have said "on problems it could cause", not would....but on me it would have lol!

Unread 05-06-2005, 01:21 AM
4 Months - !!NO Energy!!

Since your Dr commented about UTI's (and your other symptoms)being caused by lack of estrogen--obviously in the vagina--you might want to ask him/her if using a vaginal estrogen cream once or twice per week would be encouraged/recommended. Estrace is an example of a vaginal estrogen cream; its applied with an applicator directly into the vagina and helps keep the tissues in and around the vagina (urethra, perineum, vulva) healthy (keeps atrophy from occuring).
stay well
diana
Unread 05-06-2005, 08:56 AM
4 Months - !!NO Energy!!

Doctor recommended Iron for me so I found one called "Gentle Iron" (Rexall brand at Walmarts) which also had B12, which really did help with my energy levels. Been taking it for 4 weeks and I feel really good.

I still get a little tired but then I just put my feet up and relax.
Unread 05-06-2005, 04:32 PM
4 Months - No Energy

Hi Ladies
I'm also on iron tablets. I was on them for months before my hyst due to being so anemic through losing so much blood. I am also taking them now to help get my energy levels back. I am ok in the morning (if I've slept well) till about 2.00 pm - but I am also working part time in the office (self-employed so can do as much or as little as I wan't). Then I seem to go downhill. I have an afternoon sleep - today I slept for about 2 hours off and on and then I feel lathargic for the rest of the day. Then, like now, I seem to be awake when its bed time (or in my case "sofa time"). I still find the sofa more confortable at the moment. Any one else on the sofa????
lol Carol xx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register