May 25 ladies - how did you go? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

May 25 ladies - how did you go? May 25 ladies - how did you go?

Unread 06-10-2005, 10:37 PM
May 25 ladies - how did you go?

HI ladies,

Just checking in with you all. Hoping it went well for everyone.

Unfortunately mine was a little more difficult than anticipated - TAH instead of TVH due to complications - and a visit to emergency after one day at home followed by a week in the castle with infection didn't help. But now we are at day 16 and I feel pretty good today. Very little discomfort now - probably taking the ibuprofin more out of fear of pain than actual need at times. Still on antibiotics for another week and a half - but all in all feeling not bad today.

Walking too far is proving a problem - just tires me out completely and I still have a bit of a spinny head from slight anemia. But I'm taking it slow and doing little bits at a time - I'm too scared to try too much - I want to heal properly the first time.

I hope you are all taking it easy and feeling at least as good as I do, if not better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2005, 10:47 PM

im not a may 25th sister, but i wanted to send you

you have been thru alot and make sure you take it easy!
i am sorry to hear that you had to go back to the castle

I hope your healing is now without problems or complications.

good luck!

Jabs
Unread 06-10-2005, 10:56 PM

Thank you Jabs, but you seem to be in a far more difficult situation than me. Hope all goes well for you with finally finishing the job.

All the best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2005, 11:24 PM

ritzley,

dont worry about me, its no biggie..we all have different problems and we all need to heal and we all need support...

just think about you right now and make sure you get better!!!

But thank you!

Take care

Jabs
Unread 06-11-2005, 07:23 AM

Hi Ritzley

I too came home only to go back in for a week because of infection, I am here for you.

Together we will get through this. For me the infection and recouping from that has been worse than the initial surgery,

Hang in there. I will be holding good thoughts for you

Hugs!!

Joy
Unread 06-11-2005, 07:52 AM
Lucky/blessed

Everything went very smooth with me. The fibroid was so big the doctor had a hard time getting it out. I guess he had to really squish and move everything around, however I'm still squeemish so I really didn't want to hear the details. Although the first few days went so well, I don't see as much improvement in the last week and a half. I'm really taking it easy though. Best to all. Killa
Unread 06-11-2005, 08:48 AM

I am a May 25th girl. Had a TVH. I am doing really good. I am still having a discharge. It was bright red this morning, but now it is back to normal. I have been walking everyday and that has helped alot.
Once I get out and start to run around, I have to rest. I am sure this is the case with everyone. I do not have much of an appetite anymore. Is anyone else experiencing this? Not sure if this is due to the meds from surgery or what.

Can't wait to feel 100% again!

Hope everyone else is doing great!
Unread 06-11-2005, 09:03 AM

Ritzly, I'm sorry you had complications. I'm a May 25th LAVH/RSO. I feel good. I am still weak and tire more easily but I was so wiped out before the surgery and only getting worse. Now I'm slowly getting stronger every day. My incisions are healing very well. The belly button incision is already invisible, I would never have guessed it could disappear that fast.
Unread 06-11-2005, 10:05 AM

I am also a May 25th. I had a TAH w/ vertical incision. 2 large fibroids (16cm and 11cm) with a 20wk size uterus. I feel great. I have not had much discharge at all. A little swelly belly, but not bad. I just have to be careful not to do too much too soon, b/c I have a tendency for that.

Good Luck to everyone and heal fast
Unread 06-12-2005, 07:27 AM

Hi All, I had TAH/BSO 5/25 too. So far its been a slow recovery. Or i'm just really impatient or both!!!! Had Dermoid cyst on Left ovary and several small cysts on Rt grapefruit sized uterus (heavy bleeding with large clots). Right side still hurts and had to have sonogram due to hematoma. But realized 2 days ago that I am feeling better. I woke up and got washed and thought hey I feel good today. Can't remember the last time I felt okay!!! Must rest alot and limit sitting and walking. But try to do enough to stay fit and healthy. So all in all doing well. Very glad I had the surgery!!!! I hope all my other may 25 sisters are healing well and feeling good too!!
Penny

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register