still hurting | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

still hurting still hurting

Unread 01-04-2007, 05:28 PM
still hurting

I am 4 1/2 weeks post op and am still in a lot of pain. It gets worse as the day goes on and by evening I don't want to do anything! The only way I am comfortable is laying down. At my 2 week check up the doctor told me it was probably due to inflamation (I lost 1/2 my blood and got 3 liters during surgery). It just doesn't seem like I should hurt this much. I'm back at work full time, but sit a lot of the day so I don't think I'm overdoing it. Help!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2007, 06:17 PM
still hurting

Yes you are probably overdoing it. Being back to work at 4 weeks is not the best thing. Even tho you sit much of the time you are not resting. You need to be off your feet some of the day. Did your doctor release you to go back to work? After losing so much blood too? It takes at least 6 to 8 weeks to even begin to feel somewhat normal. I didnt stop having healing pains until 10 weeks and I still get a twinge now and then if I overdo. Perhaps you need to talk to your doc again about some more time off.. Take care of you!
Unread 01-04-2007, 06:31 PM
still hurting

Sounds to me like your body is protesting your work schedule, especially since you had an ab hyst, the most invasive type. It at all possible, I would suggest not working full time until your body has healed more. Your body needs to rest to heal. Sitting upright puts a strain on your abodmen and pelvic muscles and tissues.

Talk to your doctor about how you feel and how much work is okay for you. Putting your feet up in the evenings might be a big help as well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2007, 06:33 PM
still hurting

I think at 3.5 weeks it's too soon to be back to work fulltime -- did your dr. clear you to return already? I agree with Moonflower that maybe you could ask the dr. to get you more time off.
Unread 01-04-2007, 08:29 PM
still hurting

Chucking in my vote for more rest and calling the doc. Also, if you have a sit-down job, try to get up once in awhile and walk for a bit. Staying folded up in a sitting position is not good for you. No wonder you want to lay down when you get home.

Lena
Unread 01-04-2007, 08:41 PM
still hurting

I agree with all the others. I am only 1 week out and thought I would go back on the 22nd but when my dr called me (yes he called me at home to check on me) he told me that he would not release me until 5 week mark and only if I did what he told me. I tend to overdo it as I am a very hyper person. I so agree with what I have read on this site so many times "You only have one time to heal right" to you and please take care as there is only one of you!
Unread 01-05-2007, 02:18 PM
still hurting

Thank you for all your advice! I took the day off and did absolutely nothing. I don't feel any better but am sure my body appreciated it!
I'm going to try my hardest to take it easy.
Unread 01-05-2007, 09:56 PM
still hurting

I went back to work for just an hour or two a day at two weeks, then added a couple of hours to the day for the next couple of weeks. I too have a sit down job, but it still would have been hard to work all day. I remember that between week 4 and 5 1/2 were really painful for me. I had tried walking twice as far at week 4 and I really hurt after that, but other sisters who were at about the same time out were having some pain then too. At about that time, I was having some emotionally down times too. I don't know if it was related or not, but remember that you can always come here for moral support.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register