Back to work, and well, just tired | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back to work, and well, just tired Back to work, and well, just tired

Unread 01-05-2007, 10:54 PM
Back to work, and well, just tired

I am at 5 weeks out now, and I went back to work Wed. I work in a 5th grade class, with children who are two years behind in grade level work. Not a lot of moving around.. you would think.
I also am lunch supervisor, so do all of lunch.
I thought no problem, not a lot of work. I tell you, by noon the first day, I needed a nap.. big time.. seriuosly. Doc told me not to go back until after 6 weeks, but still I thought it would be easy.
I have ached more in the pelvic region this week, then I did the second week. Ughh.. nothing major , just general achy and sooo Tired.
Just wanted to share, I thought I was so over it, but I guess, sitting around the house and doing nothing was really a big difference then up on my feet and using my brain.
Sandi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2007, 11:01 PM

I went back to work this week at the seven week point. I am only there half days to start and I do have to come home and take a nap at noon so I know how you feel. Maybe you could change to half days for a couple of weeks until you get some strength back.
Unread 01-05-2007, 11:06 PM

Well, the first day, I did come home at noon, and called and said. I am not coming back.. yesterday I took the whole day off, due to a different situation I had to take care of. Today I stayed a whole day, came home and slept from 4:30 - 6.
next week, I will be off tuesday anyways,and Wed-Friday all except one of the 5th graders will be at Music/science camp, so anything I have to do will be seat work and not much more. Also if I have to take off those days early, it will be no big deal. It somehow worked out just right for me.
My school has been so understanding also. Though I do not get paid for days off, so trying to get as many hours in as possible, since I am hourly paid. I will not go further then I have too.
Sandi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2007, 11:27 PM

I was very fortunate that I have a job that I can work many hours from home. I started back to work on Tuesday this week only two weeks post-op. I made it through the week but I am tired and sore and very happy it was only a four day week. I also had the benefit of a dh that has taken over 100% of the cooking, dishes and laundry. My mom took my kids all week since they were out of school. Hmmm. With all of the help I had working would have been easier than regular responsibilities. I had the benefit of having no additional responsibilities and worked a couple of the days in pj's. My plan is to increase my hours slowly and I am not planning to go into work until my 6 week apointment.
Unread 01-06-2007, 03:45 AM

I work at a daycare with one-year-olds, and went back to work after 5 weeks. My hyst was on Sept 12 and I still get very tired at times. Someone told me it may take up to a year to be back to full strength.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register