wide awake club - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

wide awake club wide awake club

Unread 01-06-2011, 05:05 AM
wide awake club

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyes75 View Post
Omg!!! I sure hate that happen to you. Lunesta isn't for everyone I see oh my!!! It's 545am and I'm not sleep yet! Oh God help us I'm sitting here
watching the news( just to change the subject)and this Ohio homeless man got a job cuz of his "golden voice" ( and the media is calling him "the man with golden pipes")that's something and he was an alcholic and now his able to turn his life around! That's
awesome!! I tell ya God's Grace and Mercy is just wonderful
Yeah I saw that story here in Australia as well, it was awesome - he did have a fabulous voice and looked great in the studio :-) it's 10:30pm here and I am trying to wind down. Made myself stay awake today, have taken two strong pain tablets and had a hot chocolate - it worked last night and am hoping for two moderately decent nights sleep in a row... ;-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2011, 05:34 AM
Re: wide awake club

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to let you know my good news. I think I might be able to leave the wide awake club! I have been taking iron daily and have been sleeping so much better the last 3 nights. It has been hard on my bowels, so I have been eating all-bran bars and coffee, that seems to be doing the trick. It feels good to sleep through the night. Just wanted to share my news and maybe this could help some of you as well.

Leslie
Unread 01-06-2011, 05:49 AM

sorry leslie,
don't want to burst your bubble but i have been taking iron since before my surgery!!!and no it's not helping...
we do all have to find what suits us tho.what is right for one person,may not be okay for the next.
am going to work a few shifts next week so am hoping that will bring a new kind of tiredness that will enable me to sleep!!!
xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2011, 06:16 AM

Dont understand it either and scheduled to return to work in a few weeks.Dropping off around 3am and sleeping till 10am!Have cut out napping to see if this helps, but no chance.Had a LAVH and ovaries removed 6 weeks ago,was post menopausal before op and have been put on Estradiol patches.Have never watched so much late night tv in my life....
Unread 01-06-2011, 07:11 AM

Hi All, Well I am glad I am not alone!! I am a terrible sleeper to begin with. I an one week post RTAH, the first days i slept day and night. Now i find myself sleeping during the day and being up anytime between 3 and 4. wide eyed.

I have not been drinking much tea lately and lost my appetite.

I am still on Ipoprofen and tapering off pain meds.

My husband is good and will be here until monday when he goes back to work.

i am sleeping on my side which is better, but hate this feeling of being up. I will go watch tv and see if i can sleep in the chair.

good news however, went for my postop app. and had grade 1 entromitrial cancer, all the pathology tests are negative, and I clear, need frequent checks every 3 months, and all, What a happy new year itwill be

glad we have this sleepless forum to connect, this too shall pass,,,,,reminds me of the days when the kids were infants, the world of the nightfeeding...

nancy
Unread 01-06-2011, 07:33 AM

Well fellow wide awake sisters.... I finally slept last night! Feel pretty good this morning for the first time in weeks! But my success was bitter sweet. I woke up yesterday morning with a sore belly. You know how you can tighten your belly muscles and hold your belly or push them out and make it stick out? Mine felt like I was pushing hard and making my tummy huge! and have a really sore spot just to the left and below my belly button... AND have TWO tooth aches! So out of desperation to make the pain stop I took a percoset and I guess since I was exhausted and not feeling well I WENT TO SLEEP!

But, I'm sure I'll be on here later tonight! LOL cause I don't wanna take the pain medicine unless I really really need it.

Oh and btw.... it's my understanding that insomnia is "normal" after surgery, low estrogen levels contribute and it's a side effect of menopause. Fun huh?
Unread 01-06-2011, 11:31 AM

I have bouts of insomnia as well. What sometimes works for me is to have a glass of milk - cold since I hate warm milk and then sitting in a dark room until I get sleepy. I also have tried relaxation exercises. The biggest help though has been wearing earplugs, as weird as it sounds. I think maybe I just get relaxed listening to my own breathing or something.

Of course there are times that no matter what, I'm awake. Just another fun symptom of menopause!
Unread 01-06-2011, 01:57 PM

I was hoping for two decent nights sleep in a row nodded off about 11 but have been wide awake since 1:30am it is now nearly 7:30! It's insane - this time my poor DH who has a cold woke me up with his snoring and that was it! (insert swear word!) am hoping to drop off fir an hour or so - I dont have to be up til 10:00... wish me luck! ;-)
Unread 01-06-2011, 10:57 PM

It's 1:00 a.m. here in NC. I have to be up at 5:30 to get my girl off to school then it's all day with my little boy, then work till 10:00 pm. Man...it's gonna be a loooooong day tomorrow. I wish I could just FALL ASLEEP!!!!!
Unread 01-07-2011, 01:35 AM

i came to bed at 1.30am and fell asleep.woke up at 7am!!!
i should be happy but i think it's only from pure exhaustion due to recent events in my life(not the op).
hopefully i have broken the sleep cycle and will continue to have better nights.
as for the home situation...well just cannot get my head round it....
hope everyone else getting some well deserved sleep....
much love..
xx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register