saw doctor at six weeks still have questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

saw doctor at six weeks still have questions saw doctor at six weeks still have questions

Unread 08-21-2006, 12:28 PM
saw doctor at six weeks still have questions

Saw the doctor today, almost six weeks post op, but I still have questions. Sex? Bath? Lifting? It was such a quick in and out I forgot to ask all these questions. I was kind of expecting them to be covered. She did do an exam and said there are still stitches. I was cleared to return to work. I feel so stupid for not even getting my questions out. I was also curious about my operative report/pathology report which we didn't discuss. How can I make this right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2006, 01:47 PM

Don't feel bad for forgetting to ask questions. I'm not quite sure where my mind has been lately and can see myself doing the exact same thing! I would call the doctor and ask all of the questions you need to. Maybe write them down before you make the call so you won't forget any of them. I go in next tuesday for my 6 week. Our surgery was the same day, I hope you're feeling good! Good luck getting those questions answered!!
Unread 08-21-2006, 06:09 PM

Thank you for your Hug and post. It is so nice to have support. As sad as this sounds I will have to gain some courage to call with my questions. I am still amazed that the doctor did not cover them. Keep me posted on your six week post-op exam. I am curious to see how your doing since we had the same surgery date and all. Did you have TAH or LAVH and did you keep your ovaries. I had LAVH and they took the ovaries. Best of luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2006, 06:54 PM

I had my surgery TVH BSO A&P repair ( Ovaries included) on July 13. I go tomorrow for my 6 weeks. I have my questions written down. I just hope I thought of them all. I will let you know how it goes.
Unread 08-21-2006, 07:06 PM

Hi barbaraWI!

If you don't want to phone your doctor with your questions, I suggest making another appointment with your doctor to ask her in person.

Although I think I am basically "of sound mind" I frequently make a written list of questions that I bring along with me to doctor's appointments of various natures. There is no need to feel embarrassed about doing this. In fact, I have upon occasion made a photocopy of my "list of questions" and handed it to my doctor to go over it together.

There is a list of common six week post-op questions that may assist you in your preparations here:

Six Week Checkpoints

Good luck!
Unread 08-21-2006, 07:18 PM

Hi barbarawi! I had a TVH and kept ovaries. So far I'm doing ok...besides the fact that I'm probably doing more than I'm supposed to do! The fact that I'm still spotting tells me that. I keep taking advil once or twice a day or I feel crampy and my appetite comes and goes but other than that I'm doing good. I hope you gain the courage to ask your dr the questions you have. Remember your dr is the only one that can actually answer them for you, and clear you from your restrictions. We're here for you when you need us. Let me know how your doing! Good Luck!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register