The ridge above my incision | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The ridge above my incision The ridge above my incision

Unread 02-01-2008, 08:24 PM
The ridge above my incision.

Most all the posts are for ridges below the incision. Very few are for those above. I have a hard ridge above my incision which gets worse at night. Im 3 weeks post op and I think I have a yeast infection (which is not related to the ridge im sure) Can anyone here explain to me what these ridges mean? Why most are below and mine is above the incision line???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2008, 08:57 PM
The ridge above my incision

I am experience the same as you, My dr said its normal, and it does seem to get worse at night including being bloated. (do you get bloated at all or just me) today is my 3 wk anniversary from surgery am so ready to just feel better. Walking seems to help a little but as far as the bumps above the incision I try to massage a little and that helps. heating pad also helps. Also my stomach is still sensitive to touch is yours? Its getting a little better every day..
Unread 02-02-2008, 01:04 AM

It definately gets worse at night and I had to buy undies two sizes bigger and loose slick pants because Its been so sensitive. Today It looked puffy around the incision, no redness or anything just uniformly lumpy on top part. Funny you said 3 wk anniversary. hehe. And I get bloated, mostly related to food and of course theres of lot of other fluids shifting around. Its a part of healing.
Ice actually gives me relief. The thought of heat scares me for some reason. I tried hot and cold hydrotherapy in the shower and the hot did not make it better. It was possible a bit too hot. But its not red as I said.

I feel okay despite my insomnia. The pain killer I use helps me rest well. I try to massage it.... I wonder when I can start putting on some castor oil packs. Not on the incision of course. My belly is so tumultous. Ill mention im really thin too.

Walking gives me energy and so does the cold clean air. Now, if I could just obtain some sun...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2008, 06:55 AM

I've had that ridge since surgery, as well. I'm now 8 weeks post op, my doctor's office said if it is still bothering me or even there in a couple more weeks my dr should look at it again.
In the beginning we (more like me) thought it was a hernia..
It so bothers me esp. at night after working all day. ugghh..
If you find anything else out, let me know. I'm not super thin, but I'm not overweight by any means, either. So, I know it's not a "fat roll"...

THANKS for posting
Unread 02-04-2008, 08:26 PM

Me too! almost 3 weeks and have ridge above incision, very sensitive stomach. I find it best to go with no underware (unless I go out of the house!!) that way only my loose pants touch it from time to time. I will be glad when the ridge goes away, I find myself holding it as I walk at night because it is quite painfull. Like itsme01 I am not super thin but not overweight either, so not fat roll!!LOL!! I also find ice helps my sensitive stomach and ridge. Speaking of that....I think I will go and get some!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register