LAVH - Where is the bellybutton incision?!?!?! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LAVH - Where is the bellybutton incision?!?!?! LAVH - Where is the bellybutton incision?!?!?!

Unread 05-30-2008, 06:54 PM
LAVH - Where is the bellybutton incision?!?!?!

I did some griping to the Dr's today as my bellybutton is killing me.......it just REALLY hurts. I thought maybe it was because of this swelly belly and the steristrips covering the button. That and I know he told me he removed some adhesions from that area....

I asked him if I could take the strips off and he said I could!

After tonights shower I removed them very easily and...there is nothing there! I must have a bottomless bellybutton black hole or something, cuz I looked and looked AND LOOKED SOME MORE! LOL

I think I might have to pay extra special attention to it, because I don't want it to get infected!

Anyone else not able to see theirs??????

I know...I'm such a dork!

XO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2008, 07:41 PM

I had an LSH two and a half weeks ago and I don't think I could ever see my belly button incision either. It kind of grossed me out because my other two incisions opened a little and I could see further inside the incisions than I would have liked (eeewwww) - but I do remember looking in my belly button and not really seeing anything there either. I "accidentally" got into watching the same procedure done on some website and saw how they sucked the - okay, this is disgusting, continue reading at your own risk!! - chopped up uterus through the belly button. SOOOOOOOOO disgusting! I'm not sure if it's different with an LAVH - but as least with the LSH, there was definitely some stuff going on through there! Who knew I could write such a long post about belly buttons.....
Unread 05-30-2008, 07:50 PM

I have inside belly button and I barely can see mine either except a little bit. What I can see more less looks like a little scratch like the end of it, but I know the incision is deeper in because it still hurts. I barely see they even did anything there but I know they did because its sore and on the first day i bled from it after surgery, and a bandaid was on it. I really have to look hard to actually see it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2008, 07:54 PM
Hi

I had a LSH and my bellybutton insition is deep inside my bellybutton. I had my Gallbladder removed Laproscopicly and that doc mad my belly button hugh but when my Gynogologist did the hyst I think he mad it normal size again...Ha Denise.
Unread 05-30-2008, 10:29 PM

I had an LSH two weeks ago and my belly button really bothered me up until yesterday. I have one spot in the front where a stitch is absorbing. I keep swabbing inside with peroxide a few times a day. I found something that makes it feel better - some gel called "Ayr" that's actually a nasal saline gel for sore noses. It's very soothing (I used some after my septoplasty last year) and my doc said is ok to use since it's just saline. It feels cool. My belly button has some clear oozy stuff that crusts a little on the outside (sorry if I'm grossing anyone out), I wonder how they put it back together! But I saw that video, too. I really don't want to know. I was grossed out at what the uterus looked like once it was in pieces.
Unread 05-31-2008, 05:31 AM

I know that with a LAVH the only thing that goes in or out of the belly button is the tube for the camera....

I was just shocked that with all the discomfort I felt there AND the amount of blood on the bandaid and strips...that surely there was SOMETHING HUGE there! LOL NUFFIN!

I made the mistake of watching one of those videos BEFORE my surgery....not a very good idea!

Thanks ladies!
Unread 05-31-2008, 05:59 AM

My LAVH was 5/23. I can see a bit of an incision and it itches sometimes. I think I have some glue or something on mine.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register