Help!!! 4 mos Post-op and in Pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help!!! 4 mos Post-op and in Pain Help!!! 4 mos Post-op and in Pain

Unread 12-29-2007, 12:58 PM
Help!!! 4 mos Post-op and in Pain

Hi Ladies

It's been a while but I need your help. Are any of you experiencing pain, aches in your joints, muscles etc?

My body aches something terrible I mean every joint, muscle and bone seems to be hurting. I've been drinking plenty of water, excercising 3x a week . At first I thought it was from the excercise but I feel like this even if I'm not working out.

The other night I was in tears from the stiffness and the pain in my entire body. I kept my ovaries and did expericence the shutting down of these for a while. But things seem to getting back to normal with the exception of the body pain. I feel like I've aged about 30 yrs. It hurts to move and worse if I sit to long. Can anyone out there tell me if this is normal or signs of something more I should be concerned about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2007, 03:58 PM

HI LadyFaith~
I am not sure if it is normal or not, but I feel the same way over 6 months post op. When ever I talk to my DR about it she looks at me like I make these things up or something. I feel the same, like I have aged 30 years in 6 months. I send much happiness and good health your way and hope you feel better soon.
Blessed Be!
loveloveloveyourhystersister
Tonie
Unread 12-29-2007, 05:10 PM

I Feel The Same Way, I Am So Frustrated I Feel 80 Yrs Old All My Joints And Bascially My Entire Body Is Sore And Stiff. Is This Normal? Iam Glad Iam Not The Only One!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2007, 05:17 PM

sorry you ladies arent feeling good...you might want to first rule out hormones, and if it isnt that....have your thyroid checked and also get checked for lyme disease.
Unread 12-29-2007, 08:32 PM

I'm sorry you feel so badly. Earlier this year I had an endom. ablation surgery. One month later I developed muscle stiffness and body aches. It hurt so bad....I felt so old! I went to see an arthritis doctor who did a series of blood tests. He finally diagnosed me with Fibromylagia. I am now on medication and feel so much better. But 2 months ago I had to have the TAH surgery. Right after the surgery, I developed numbness in my right hand fingers. I had been told that a trauma, such as surgery can flare up the Fibromylagia. Anyways, I was relieved to finally have a diagnosis and get treatment. Good luck and hope you feel better soon.
Unread 12-30-2007, 07:09 PM

Hi there! My first thought would be fibromyalgia too...since that is what I suffer with. Since its been extremely damp here where I live, I hurt from head to toe! I would go see your internist and let them know what you've been through with your sugery and then discuss your other symptoms. I do hope you feel better soon and that you don't have fibro. Its not a fun thing to live with! Let us know how you are doing!!
Unread 01-13-2008, 06:52 AM

I too am having the same problems. I am 3 1/2 months post op. I searched the internet and fibromyalgia was one of the results. I won't be seeing my gyn doctor until March. But I plan to ask him about it. Like all of you I feel 30 years older. How do you guys get rid of the aching and stiffness. This is so not me.
Unread 01-13-2008, 07:14 AM

I too thought of Fibromyalgia when I read your post. I suffer from Fibromyalgia and pain and achiness is an everyday feeling for me. Don't give up .....keep talking with your doctor. He/she will and should do some testing to rule out arthritis amongst other things. There is a new med out to treat the symptoms of Fibromyalgia...I am not on it and don't know how it works yet but hopefully for the millions that suffer....it will be a miracle drug. Good Luck....and keep after those docs!
Unread 01-13-2008, 05:13 PM

LadyFaith..hope you find some answers. I remember this summer when we were on the brink of the surgeries and looking forward to feeling better.

You certainly need some answers and shouldn't have to be pain.

Take care!
Unread 01-14-2008, 07:01 PM

Kellnette

I'm still in pain some days are really worse then others and today was one of those days. I had a really hard time in my workout class today. I wake up aching and go to bed achy and they can't find anything wrong. So I've been taking pain killers to help. I'm determine to keep going inspite of the pain. I just keep up with the vitamins, water excercise and rest and hope that this will pass. They say this takes 6mos to a year to really heal so I'll just keep doing my best and hope this passes in that amount of time or sooner.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register