dVH/RALH 6 week post op yesterday... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 week post op yesterday... 6 week post op yesterday...

Unread 10-24-2013, 05:53 AM
6 week post op yesterday...

And all restrictions lifted :-). I can't believe how amazing I feel. I have not felt this good since before I had my son last December, which is when all my trouble started. I shook my surgeons hand and told him I couldn't thank him enough for giving me my life back.

I have zero pain, my energy levels are back, incisions healed and starting to fade, vaginal cuff is completely healed and I lost 5 lbs despite sitting on my rear for the last 6 weeks.

As for sex, hubby was more than willing to try last night. It was "ok". I was so nervous despite the green light from the dr that I couldn't relax enough to have an orgasm, but no pain, no cramps, no bleeding and it felt no different than before surgery. My issue was all mental, and I'll have I work through that to get rid of the expectation of pain on my part. In sure DH won't mind the practice lol.

I hope no one takes offense to my happy post. I know so many of my sisters here are having a hard time and my heart breaks for them, but I wanted to share for our pre-op sisters that things can go well and have a good outcome.

I have my life back, and it's no longer ruled by constant pain, bleeding or the worry of cancer.

Liz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2013, 06:46 AM
Re: 6 week post op yesterday...

I am so happy for you. It gives me hope that at six weeks I will feel the same. I am at 15 days post-op and doing much better but not totally myself. Hope things continue to go well for you.
Unread 10-24-2013, 07:32 AM

congratulations! Good to know there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

emgmcv, what was your experience during healing? I'm 13 days post op and am all over the place with my symptoms and energy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2013, 07:41 AM

very happy you are doing so well!
Unread 10-24-2013, 07:59 AM
6 week post op yesterday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunny Kay View Post
congratulations! Good to know there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

emgmcv, what was your experience during healing? I'm 13 days post op and am all over the place with my symptoms and energy.
I was definitely all over the place the first few weeks. Between the pain, constipation, exhaustion, worry over every little twinge or ache or if I was healing ok, it was rough. Then at about 4 weeks it was like I turned a corner and started having more good moments then bad. Week 5, this past week, I had a bad cold and bronchitis, so it was rough being knocked back into bed sick. Then I got better from that and it's been wonderful lol.
Unread 10-24-2013, 08:21 AM

Congratulations!! So glad you are doing so great. Great to hear good news����
Unread 10-24-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emgmcv View Post

I hope no one takes offense to my happy post. I know so many of my sisters here are having a hard time and my heart breaks for them, but I wanted to share for our pre-op sisters that things can go well and have a good outcome.

I have my life back, and it's no longer ruled by constant pain, bleeding or the worry of cancer.

Liz

Liz, I love reading happy feedback like this! I'm three weeks post-op and have been feeling better with every passing day. I recognize that some women are still suffering during this time, but it's refreshing to read some positive news for a change. Thanks for posting this!
Unread 10-24-2013, 11:53 PM

just knowing that you have gone through all the stuff I'm feeling right now but came out more than ok is very hopeful, especially since just found out today have a bladder infection that may have spread to kidneys. Whew!

Thanks so much for posting how well you have recovered! Great to hear a happy ending.
Unread 10-25-2013, 04:07 PM

Wonderful!! So happy you are doing so well.....We all need to hear the "good stuff" for sure!! God Bless!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register