cramping after ablation | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

cramping after ablation cramping after ablation

Unread 10-12-2004, 04:53 AM
cramping after ablation

I had a laproscopy & hysterscopy with ablation 4 weeks ago. I have had a period since then and it was the worst one of my life.. The cramping in my right ovary has not gone away since surgery. Is this normal? It feels like someone is punching me... I have endometriosis and I thought this past surgery would make me better until I got the LSH but I guess not.. I am so ready for this surgery on 11/3.. HELP :cry:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2004, 05:04 AM
cramping after ablation

Hi dbesthy,

I never had an ablation, so I can't share any personal experience, but I did want to send you a couple of S and to ask if you have called your doctor's office? If it is normal, then maybe there is something that he can prescribe, and if it's not, then he needs to know about it.

I hope you'll feel better very soon - please keep us posted.

S
Unread 10-12-2004, 11:24 AM
cramping after ablation

I had a hysteroscopy and ablation done on 7-16-04. I considered this procedure a complete failure. I've had 3 periods since then, all at the expected time, all worse than I had before my ablation. Cramps and bleeding were horrible. Also, in between periods, I still had light bleeding that never stopped. I haven't had a "dry" day since July!! I know that an ablation works differently for each person. Some women I know, never have a period again. It just didn't work for me.

My hysterectomy is scheduled for Oct. 26. I'm more excited than nervous. I can't wait to be rid of my period once and for all!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2004, 12:25 PM
cramping after ablation

I had some of my worst cramping and periods after ablation thats when I went on lupron and other than the weight gain and the hot flashes I was very satisfied with the results but you can only stay on them for 7 mths at a time. I am going to try to explain the reason for the pain the way the doctor explained it to me. He said that endo is like and ice burg they see what is on the surface and they ablate it. However most of the adhesions are under the surface thus the ice burge effect. The surface endo is gone. The pain you are feeling is probably from the endo under the surface of your ovary. Don't mistake this for expert advice. this is just my experiance. But I have another medical condition that keeps me from being on the harmones and there for the hyster is my last option because I have more below the surface than above the surface. I have level 3 and this is my best option even though it isn't a cure most of my endo is on my uterus and the tissue around it so they are taking my uterus and if endo is on my right ovary they are taking it but last check my left one was fine so I get to keep it. Hope you get to feeling better.
Unread 10-12-2004, 02:55 PM
cramping after ablation

well ladies.. this helps.. I did not know what to think when I was supposed to be all better and nothing.. it only got worse.. just wondering also.. are any of you still exhausted after ablation?I
have o energy.. and it hurts when I laugh, cough, cry....my LSH got rescheduled again.. this is time #3. the first one was 10-13 then 11-3 and now it is 10-27.. YIKES Oh well.. I'll just suffer thru until they can make up their minds.. I just want this to be over...
Thanks for listening
Unread 10-13-2004, 07:48 PM
cramping after ablation

I had an ablation on 9-9-04. The first hours I felt light someone had lite a fire in my pelvis. That stopped for 5 days. Then the cramping and bloating started. I came home one day and couldn't keep my grannie underwear on. I had gained 6 inches around my waist and hips without gaining any weight. The cramping and pressure was so great I had a CAT scan that showed nothing. This week would have been my period and I am in agony. No bleeding but I feel like I had a double EE breast augmentation. I came off of the pill the day of my surgery after 24 years. I wonder if my body is screaming for the loss of hormones. My ablation found a cancerous polyp and my TAH is scheduled for 10-22-04. Can't wait for the cramping to end!
Unread 10-13-2004, 11:23 PM
cramping after ablation

Hi,
Just thought i would drop a few lines to let you know about my history and my LSH/BO done on Oct 1.
Had my tubes removed in feb 04,had ablation done in March 04 and after that was done I too had constant ovarian pain and continuous spotting.So went to see Gyn and he said ok lets do it(was his sugestion for ablation,I wanted hyst done then and he suggested that 1st).Anyhow had Lsh /Bo done oct 1 and I couldnt be happier.I had no spotting and no discharge since and I came home from castle and vacuumed the same day.I do have to tell you that the past couple days have been really rough so if u have the opportunity to be pampered then by all means take advantage of it.But I can say that I thought recovery would be worse then it really is.I am and have been home alone with 4 yr old DS since day one and with the exceptions of evening naps I feel great!!! Good Luck and God Bless

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register