Back From Dr. Vist | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back From Dr. Vist Back From Dr. Vist

Unread 05-04-2001, 03:57 PM
Back From Dr. Vist

I'm back, The DD said I'm having a TVH and that she will try to keep ovaries. I told her that I've been having pains and bleeding and she said that it was probaly because of cervix and period (next week) but I've been starting a week early since biopsy. So thats 2 wks on and 2 wks off. She checked me again and that is when the hurting started. I wasn't waiting for that one let me tell you. I will be in hospital for 3 days and she put me on iron pills. She also said I have a fallen uteris. I will be home bound for 6wks and she stressed DO NOTHING. Told me all the risks involved with surgery ( don't you just love that btw I mean da** if you do and da** if you don't. any way I just wanted to share that I'm finally official. and it's off to castle in 2 wks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2001, 04:54 PM
Back From Dr. Vist

First of all, I love that quote in your signature line. I saw that a few months ago (somewhere?) and actually posted it at my desk. I plan to use it on the title page of the scrapbook I'm working on.

Second, I'm also having a tvh (May 14). So I guess I can give you some insight on it after I have mine! I'll be having an epidural, so I'm glad I won't have to deal with the anesthesia.

Take care - this site will be invaluable to you over the next couple of weeks!
Dianne
Unread 05-04-2001, 05:11 PM
Back From Dr. Vist

Welcome to the world of Ladies in Waiting!

You will find much support on the site, if you haven't already. Please feel free to join us in the chat room for support in "real time".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2001, 05:18 PM
Epi or general

That is one question I forgot to ask doctor. Which one is better. Does the anethesiologist call you and tell you? Do you say which one you would prefer?
Unread 05-04-2001, 05:31 PM
epi or general

My doctor and I discussed it during our initial conversation about having the surgery. I told him I had had problems in the past with nausea from the anesthesia. He said that most of his c-sections and vaginal hysterectomies now, he does with epidural. I spoke with him at length about it and that's what I chose.

It all depends on what exactly is going to be done during your surgery. I'm having uterus and cervix removed due to a fibroid tumor. I think if it's really extensive surgery, they give you a general. Not sure, that's just what I've gathered.

You should talk with your gyn about it.

Good luck!
Dianne
Unread 05-04-2001, 05:38 PM
Back From Dr. Vist

Gypsy - Hello and welcome to hystersisters. Congratulations on getting your date set. Now it's time to start getting ready for surgery and recovery.

Start making a list of things to get done...things to buy..and last minute questions to ask your gyn. and anest.

We'll be here with you every step of the way.
Unread 05-05-2001, 07:03 AM
Back From Dr. Vist

When I asked my dr. about anesthetic for my upcoming LAVH, he said with a straight face that he always used a general because didn't like his patients talking to him while he operated. lol
Unread 05-05-2001, 07:03 PM
Back From Dr. Vist

Hi Gypsy Welcome to Hyster Sisters. This is a great site where you'll find answers to your questions and lots and lots of support.

I had a TVH in December 2000 and I kept the ovaries. Since I was originally scheduled for a TAH/BSO, the pain was a lot less than I had expected. One of the things that most amazed me was how effective the hospital staff was at managing my pain. Made the whole experience a whole lot more pleasant.

If you do a search on "anesthesia" you will find several threads on this issue. You might even want to narrow the search to "spinal" and "epidural" (I thought of suggesting "general" but figured that would bring up TOO many threads ), since there are several ladies who have gone that route.

You might also want to check out the pull-down menus available from the Hyster Sisters Home Page - they're at the bottom of the page. There is a lot of information that is very useful.

Best of luck on your upcoming surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register