Swelly belly and a binder and other rambling thoughts - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Swelly belly and a binder and other rambling thoughts Swelly belly and a binder and other rambling thoughts

Unread 11-15-2005, 09:40 PM
Swelly belly and a binder and other rambling thoughts

Hi Mori,

Good luck on your surgery!! We are pretty close. I am the 28th! Yikes.
About the binder, as mjd and amandalp said, it just makes you feel secure and held together. It does not bother the incision at all. And it really does help with swelling.
I am sure I will bring one to the hospital as I doubt very much that they will supply one. Canada and the cheapo health system in my city.
Great luck girl!! I will be thinking of you on your day.

Renee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2005, 09:48 PM

MJD,
Most people look at me like I am nuts when I tell them about my plan to add the list to my body.
I know that they will not write on me because my sister had her hyster from the same Dr 6 months ago. I think my oncologist has a great sense of humor and may enjoy the laugh. It will be far from the surgical field and should not pose a threat. I figured that they deal with so much serious stuff they could use a little laugh now and again. I also plan on bringing a nice bottle of wine for him to enjoy after my surgery. I know he likes wine because he tells his patients to drink it if they like. I think that the only thing that keeps me from crumpling is a strong sense of humor.
I just gotta laugh or I will start to cry and I fear if I start that, I will never stop.

Renee
Unread 11-16-2005, 07:45 AM

Hi ladies,

I was told I would have some sort of binder after surgery. It sounded way more tempory then a belly band. I was told I would be instructed more after my surgery about incision. Examples I was given coughing, hold the incision area, while sitting up. The support panties sound like a good idea to me. Where would I buy this, and should I buy a larger size one? I have never owned support panel type panties.

Oh btw, I'm having a SAH.

Thanks!
Unread 11-16-2005, 08:43 AM

Ladies,
For all you gals who havd had tummy binders that you purchased and liked the best, Where did you buy them and was there a specific brand that you liked better? I do not know if my doctor or hospital will use one or not. I guess I better call. If they do not I think I will purchase one as my doctor is giving me a free complimentary tummy tuck from the belly button down. YIPPEE!! He's a great doctor and has wonderful bedside manner. He says the plastic surgeons don't care to much for him because he does this with no charge. He figures after all us women go through we deserve something. I figure that alone will cause alittle extra swelling. So, any advice on where to purchase the best binder?
Unread 11-16-2005, 02:37 PM

Woman rock,

I am from Canada so I would go to a medical suppy store and get the binder. The one I had was the same as someone else here mentioned. It is about 18" tall and very stretchy and has a velcro rough edge on one end. This is so you can adjust the binder to as tight as you need. The velco end sticks to the fabric of the binder. If you are getting a tummy tuck at the same time, I would strongly suggest a binder. Here is why. When the Dr does the tummy tuck, he is lfting the skin up and off your abdomin. If he does a muscle repair (and I would ask about this, it will give a stomach that looks like when you were 18)he will likely clear away any excess fatty tissue. Then he will pull it all down and make you a new belly button and lob off the excess. You will love it!! But with that being said, where the skin has been lifted, it will weep and produce a bunch of fluid as it heals. I assume you will have drains, but still. The binder will keep all the puffyness away. My plastic surgeon insisted on it and honestly, I cannot imagine not using one. As I said the skin is lifted up and it takes some time for it to heal back down, the binder just keeps every thing where it should be until it has healed well enough.
How fantastic for you that you get a great prize at the same time. You must be so excited!! Great luck with it.

Renee
Unread 11-16-2005, 02:42 PM

Wow, a free tummy tuck!! Since I'm a big online shopper I purchased my binder online. I bought it about 8-9 months ago so I don't remember what website I went to. It's a 12" hospital grade binder and latex-free. I really love it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register