3 days post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 days post-op 3 days post-op

Unread 05-08-2006, 07:16 PM
3 days post-op...question

I had LSH and jinxed myself this morning, I think, when I said, I feel really pretty good today.

Actually, I still don't feel terrible, but (don't read on if squeemish) after a normalish bm this afternoon, I sort of "feel" my cervix ... I think. (?) It doesn't really hurt, I just feel like something is there that I've never noticed before. Not really pain, not really pressure, just like something odd... Is this normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2006, 08:15 PM
3 days post-op

Hi (((Jane))) welcome to the LSH club! I think it could be some swelling that you are feeling. If there's no pain or blood or anything I think you are okay. Can you get a mirror and take a little peek? If you just have a nagging feeling about this, please call your dr's office and speak with the nurse. I called a couple of times and it was always to do with bm's. It's okay. They actually expect you to call.

Best Wishes on an easy recovery!
Unread 05-08-2006, 08:21 PM
3 days post-op

Hi Janeteacher
I can't say for sure if this is normal, but I'm guessing at 3 days it probably is. You did have major surgery and it isn't unusual for you to have some discomfort.
If this continues and you can't get relief you should call and ask your dr about it, especially since it came on after a bowel movement. It is probably fine,but its better to be safe. Let us know how it does. I hope you feel better afer resting tonight.
's,Rita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2006, 08:22 PM
3 days post-op

A mirror? (giggle) I don't think I could see that far up with a mirror... You're probably right. Now that the incisions aren't bothering, I think I'm not taking enough pain meds... thanks for responding.
Unread 05-08-2006, 08:24 PM
3 days post-op

Thanks Rita,
This is the first surgery in my life... I'm overreacting.
Unread 05-08-2006, 08:35 PM
3 days post-op

Hi JaneTeacher,

To me, it sounds normal. After my LSH, I had the same symptoms. I called it ~cervix twinges~. Mine lasted for about 6 weeks - off and on. I can suggest taking your pain meds. Good idea. After my prescription meds ran out, I took over-the-counter tylenol for any discomfort. I noticed that when I was sitting it bothered me the most. Then, at 6 weeks, I no longer had any more twinges.

And, if it continues to bother you after you take your prescription meds, do not hesitate to call your Dr. Just to play it safe.

Best wishes,

Mary

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register