5 weeks... What the heck? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 weeks... What the heck? 5 weeks... What the heck?

Unread 09-17-2012, 11:27 PM
5 weeks... What the heck?

I'm 5 weeks out tomorrow. I still feel awful. I'm in pain everyday. I'm really sore in my vagina, but that's understandable. All the other weirdness is driving me nuts!

I had my uterus removed, kept ovaries. Had a horrible vaginal prolapse repaired. 5 hour surgery, and she had to use pig skin grafts. Sick!

anyways,... 2 weeks after surgery I called dr for more pain med. she wouldn't give me anything but loratab which gives me a awful headache. Although I took them anyway for pain. Percocet was the only thing that helped me and she would NOT even talk about a refil. That started all the helpless feelings of nobody understands my pain and thinks I'm a drug head
Last week my hubby finally made me got to a clinic in town. The dr there also thinks I should be doing great and acted like I was just there for meds. Which I guess I was, but that doesn't make me a drug seeker. I had surgery!!
I'm so mad and hurt because no one..even my surgeon understands my pain.
I look and feel like a 90 year old woman getting out of bed. Every bone in my body hurts. My hands and especially the tops of my feet kill me. The tops of my feet feel sore and hurt like they have been burned.
My back hurts, my hips, legs, you name it. I've called my surgeon about 3-4 times and went in once sense surgery. She said everything that SHE did is fine and the problems I'm having are not from surgery. Funny I didn't feel like that before. I don't have a infection. What is wrong with me. Im now crying everyday because no one understands and no doctor will give me anything for pain to help me cope.
Someone mentioned surgical Lupas to me the other day. It's supposed to happen with surgery but eventually go way? Any ideas? I'm getting so tired!! I want my life back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2012, 11:44 PM
Re: 5 weeks... What the heck?

Hey sister, hang in here. My surgery was one day after yours. They took everything and I had been through menopause but I bet there were residual hormones because it has been easy to cry for sure.

I have pressure on my bladder tonight - that's new, but I am hoping it is just an unhappy dinner and resulting gas.

I had percocet at first, too. It was plugging me up so they had to take me off of it. I've been on 600 mg of Ibuprofen four times a day since. Just yesterday I tried to go down to 400 mg but if I'm active at all, I need the 600 still.

The best I can gather from all the other posts here is that no two surgeies and recoveries are alike. That is comforting, as whatever we are feeling or thinking, we are still normal! Hang in here. It will get better.

Unread 09-18-2012, 12:34 AM

Get an appointment with your General Practitioner or Internal Medicine doctor, maybe one of them can help. Your symptoms don't sound hysterectomy related, it seems to be something else. The disease is spelled Lupus, not Lupas, in case you or someone else needs to look it up for more information. Best wishes, hope you are able to find a doctor that will help you out soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2012, 05:53 AM

I am so sorry for what you are going through and that your doctors arent more understanding. I am like you five weeks out ans still in so much pain. I am blessed that my doctor is trying to work with me. He believes my pain is nerve pain. He also believes that because we havent been able to manage my pain well (I am not a pill taker and avoided the percocet due to constipation issues) that I am not healing faster. It is very frustrating. I just try to find positive everyday, but like you find myself in tears alot. Hang in there and know you are not alone (I somehow find comfort in that) keep me posted privately if you want.
Signed, I really feel your pain.
Unread 09-18-2012, 09:47 AM

Thank pink for the spell check.
Thanks ladies. You all make me feel better. I'm feeling a bit depressed I think. But I don't want to start those medicines. . This is the 5th week someone else is taking care of my babies. . I can't lift them. I have 20 month old triplets.
Unread 09-18-2012, 12:05 PM

Oh my goodness no wonder you are struggling not being able to lift your lovely triplets. I have a 2,year old and I'm missing being close to him too. I'm 3 weeks post surgery and still in a lot of pain but it is so unhelpful when medical practitioners tell you you should be healing better by now!! How on earth do they know. Listen to your body and stay strong you are not making up the pain. I kept at the doctor as I was sure I had an infection..as it happens 2 in the vagina a urine infection and infection in my belly button laporascopic site!!! I hope you feel better soon
Unread 09-18-2012, 06:05 PM

Aww..... 20-month old triplets, how sweet, brings tears to my eyes.

I need to clarify my response, I left it a bit too broad. When I said your symptoms don't sound hysterectomy related, I meant the pain in the bones, hands and feet, mainly. Those seem odd. The back, hip, and leg pain could be surgery related. Maybe there's something going on hormonally. Maybe you could get some blood tests done and see if anything shows up.
Unread 09-18-2012, 08:26 PM

I was also going to suggest seeing your primary care physician. You might get a little further, and at the very least have some labs done. Sorry you're feeling so crappy
Unread 09-18-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle8 View Post
I'm 5 weeks out tomorrow. I still feel awful. I'm in pain everyday. I'm really sore in my vagina, but that's understandable. All the other weirdness is driving me nuts!

I had my uterus removed, kept ovaries. Had a horrible vaginal prolapse repaired. 5 hour surgery, and she had to use pig skin grafts. Sick!

anyways,... 2 weeks after surgery I called dr for more pain med. she wouldn't give me anything but loratab which gives me a awful headache. Although I took them anyway for pain. Percocet was the only thing that helped me and she would NOT even talk about a refil. That started all the helpless feelings of nobody understands my pain and thinks I'm a drug head
Last week my hubby finally made me got to a clinic in town. The dr there also thinks I should be doing great and acted like I was just there for meds. Which I guess I was, but that doesn't make me a drug seeker. I had surgery!!
I'm so mad and hurt because no one..even my surgeon understands my pain.
I look and feel like a 90 year old woman getting out of bed. Every bone in my body hurts. My hands and especially the tops of my feet kill me. The tops of my feet feel sore and hurt like they have been burned.
My back hurts, my hips, legs, you name it. I've called my surgeon about 3-4 times and went in once sense surgery. She said everything that SHE did is fine and the problems I'm having are not from surgery. Funny I didn't feel like that before. I don't have a infection. What is wrong with me. Im now crying everyday because no one understands and no doctor will give me anything for pain to help me cope.
Someone mentioned surgical Lupas to me the other day. It's supposed to happen with surgery but eventually go way? Any ideas? I'm getting so tired!! I want my life back.
we had ours the same day and I feel the same. Still have pain cant sleep, nothing like i expected..i too went for more pain meds and he put me on what I was already taking for my back pain which is chronic. And i read we should see stitches that have disolved in our underwear? I have found none! ugh hugs to you
Unread 09-18-2012, 09:12 PM

I feel really crazy now.. It's been 4 weeks today. Although it seems like 20.
Trying to get an appt with my regular doctor too.
As for stitches.. None have came out either... But I have long ones I can see and are poking me. .

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register