New Bleeding - 6 weeks post op with BSO | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New Bleeding - 6 weeks post op with BSO New Bleeding - 6 weeks post op with BSO

Unread 10-04-2013, 11:55 AM
New Bleeding - 6 weeks post op with BSO

I had LSH and both ovaries removed. I'm post menopause and on minivelle already and have been for the past three years. I've had bleeding, heavy at times, for the last 10 days and I'm 6 weeks post op. Very frustrating. It is unexplained at this point. Ultrasound was OK. No one knows what's going on. Anyone here had a similar experience? Please share. I'm nervous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Re: 4 months Post op and periods and cramps?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxell View Post
I had LSH and both ovaries removed. I'm post menopause and on minivelle already and have been for the past three years. I've had bleeding, heavy at times, for the last 10 days and I'm 6 weeks post op. Very frustrating. It is unexplained at this point. Ultrasound was OK. No one knows what's going on. Anyone here had a similar experience? Please share. I'm nervous
I kept my ovaries so I don't know why you would still be bleeding. You might want to stay in touch with your surgeon. It could be that it's related to healing. Although I have a theory that even the cervix responds to hormones with or without ovaries so it may still be a sort of "mini period". That is only a personal theory, though.
Unread 10-04-2013, 01:11 PM

Thanks for your reply, hysteroptions. I am I'm three years post menopause so I don't think it is a "mini period". I'm too old for that! I am in touch with my surgeon and she has no idea why I am bleeding. She examined me internally and sent me for ultrasound and it's all clear. It's very frustrating and nerve wracking...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxell View Post
Thanks for your reply, hysteroptions. I am I'm three years post menopause so I don't think it is a "mini period". I'm too old for that! I am in touch with my surgeon and she has no idea why I am bleeding. She examined me internally and sent me for ultrasound and it's all clear. It's very frustrating and nerve wracking...
That does sound very frustrating. Could it possibly be from healing? My sutures only just started to dissolve and I'm 10 weeks post-op. I think some of us are just super slow healers. But I'm glad you're still in touch with your surgeon about it. If it continues, don't let them dismiss you. I've been seeing mine every two weeks ever since the hysterectomy and will keep doing so if I have anymore pain or bleeding. I wish you all the best!
Unread 10-04-2013, 08:14 PM
Re: New Bleeding - 6 weeks post op with BSO

Yes, please let your surgeon know that the bleeding is continuing. Has she done a pelvic exam in addition to the u/s? Perhaps you should seek another opinion. Please keep us posted. (((hugs)))
Unread 10-05-2013, 09:27 AM

Hi Elsie 1122. Yes. had u/s. It was OK. Had pelvic exam. Had two opinions. All OK. It's unexplained bleeding at this point. Very frustrating.

Maybe there are slow healers. Any Hystersisters that are slow healers? Please share.

Maybe there is an area on the cervical stump where the stitches are that hasn't healed yet or has reopened. Hopefully, the body will take care of itself with lots of rest.
Unread 10-05-2013, 03:26 PM

There are slow healers. We have members who are 3 months out that report bleeding. That is a definite possibility. Sometimes co-existing conditions cause slow healing. Just make sure to be watchful, and keep us posted!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register