Health Insurance (sigh of relief!) & 1 Week to Go | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Health Insurance (sigh of relief!) & 1 Week to Go Health Insurance (sigh of relief!) & 1 Week to Go

Unread 03-31-2007, 10:23 PM
Health Insurance (sigh of relief!) & 1 Week to Go

I live in the Cincinnati, Ohio area where there are 2 big players when it comes to healthcare and insurance, <Oops! No insurance names please as per site Guidelines> and <Hospital name removed for your privacy and safety>. I have <No insurance names please> and my surgery is scheduled at <Hospital removed for your privacy and safety> hospital. I have been on edge because the contract between the 2 was set to expire today and my surgery is for this Friday! My doctor's office was the first to tell me about it when we were scheduling - also telling me that if an agreement wasn't reached that we would have to reschedule at a different hospital- don't know how long that would take, etc... I was soooo stressing about it- I have no family in town, so my mom and dad had to schedule vacations to come down and take care of us. Needless to say it would've been a HUGE obstacle and I am so thankful that they reached a tentative agreement! Who needs that additional stress at a time like this

I didn't think I would be hit with a "nesting" feeling. Little did I know. Although I'm limited on what I can do because of a previous surgery a couple weeks ago I have been running around like a mad woman I finished painting my ds's bedroom tonight and am trying to get the house in order now! I think it's good that I can only do a little at a time before I have to take a rest, at least I won't wear myself out too bad.

Just when it felt like I couldn't do it today -God renewed my strength! What a relief
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2007, 10:42 PM

I too was running around my house like a madwoman "nesting" and it felt to me that no matter how clean it was, it didn't feel perfect to me. Finally my day came I had had to wave the red flag. Fortunatly I have had good luck with family helping it stay clean so I won't go out of my mind looking at the little things I can't do, lol. I have however, been a freak with the swiffer duster. Thats about the only thing I can do. And my kitchen counter tops are constantly clean too, I wipe them off several times a day. Currently what is nagging me the most is the dog hair ( we have a sheltie, and she is sheding her winter coat ) that is accumulating under the chairs, tables and couches ( we have hardwood floors, there must be a magnet under those places ) and MAN how I wish I could take my broom to that. I wonder if the swiffer sweepr is still a no-no for me. I am one week out. I would just be pushing it gently, no back and forth motion and it doesnt weight that much.
Unread 03-31-2007, 10:50 PM

You are up and about only 1 week out! That's fantastic news, but I don't think I would push it (no pun intended) by using the Swifter. I know what you mean about pet hair. My cat is starting to shed, she's med. hair but my goodness, she's got a ton of it! lol I have a big lint roller I take over the furniture right now and I know it is one of those things that will drive me crazy if it's not done after my surgery lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2007, 12:00 AM

Actually, I have felt great ( with the exception of a few times a day when I get a wave of nausea and a slight fever ). I had a LSH/BSO at 11:30 am last friday and was out of the hospital by 10 pm that night. On the way home my DH stopped at the gas station to get something and I walked in and got me some protien bars ( my fave ) and a frozen Mt. Dew ( prolly not the best choice, but it was cold and icy ) I even stayed awake on the couch when I got home for a while and posted an update here. Granted I don't remember much of it. Much of Saturday was spent sleeping and Sunday night I had bad gas and my DR called me back and told me to take a short walk around the block to work it out, lol. Monday night was rough, was hit with a horrific migraine with severe nausea, and then again on Wednesday morning. But from there on I have been good to go. I don't push it so to speak, lol. Still cautious about I get up from sleeping or sitting, and careful with how I move my body in general so I wont twist or turn the wrong way. But it is driving me crazy because I have boundless amounts of energy that I want to do something with and can't. Its as if it has built up over the years that I didnt have any. Almost ADHD it feels like. Which I have a touch of anyways, but now it seems out of control. I feel like I have more energy now than I have had in over 10 years! My restless leg syndrome is going nuts too. Just have to keep telling myself that even though I feel like running I need to crawl my way through recovery.
Unread 04-01-2007, 05:36 AM

Cincy6
I too live in Cincinnati. And know what you are talking about and was so glad I was able to get my surgery in before the deadline. I am happy for you that they settled it all and now you won't have to worry about that issue along with everything else we worry about before surgery. Good luck to you.
Unread 04-01-2007, 06:09 AM

Cincy, I am glad it all worked out for you and you didn't have to reschedule. Painting, wow, you go girl!

This morning I have lowered my standards as to what I want done in the house before I go! It's not like it's real dirty, but I wanted to really spring clean it but it is not going to get done. I will still clean it but not like I had intended weeks ago. I can't believe how much time I have wasted just staring in to space and looking out the window. My mind can't seem to focus on anything for longer than a few minutes. I'm hoping the fact that the day is getting closer will help speed me up and I'll really be productive these last few days. I guess when friends call and ask what they can do to help I'll say hey, come over and vacuum under the bed for me! LOL

Bettie, I am glad it is going so well for you! I hear you on the dog hair, we have 2 black labs and when they both start to shed, it's going to be everywhere. I'd ask your Dr. before you start swiffering though. Maybe if someone got the vacuum out you could use a long wand and suck it up that way? You know sometimes I get so busy I walk by the dog hair for 2 days before I can get to it and it doesn't bug me. But I know when I won't be able to do anything about it, then it will really bug me! But I am only 1 of 5 people in this house, surely 1 of them can handle it!

Have a great day in the Ohio Valley ladies!

Sandra
Unread 04-01-2007, 02:22 PM

can't believe how much time I have wasted just staring in to space and looking out the window. My mind can't seem to focus on anything for longer than a few minutes.
-----

Me too! Why does this happen? I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone and then it's time for bed and I wonder where has the day gone, I have done hardly anything. <---Going hystercrazy I guess LOL Sometimes I find myself deep in thought about it but other times I'm just spaced out. Guess I'm just trying to process it all still. Have a great weekend ladies, it is gorgeous outside.
Unread 04-02-2007, 09:23 AM

cincy,
I'm glad all the insurance stuff worked out. I was getting worried also, but mine was scheduled before the deadline! I made it through to the other side! remember not to wear yourself out before surgery it takes a worn out body longer to heal too.......
Unread 04-02-2007, 09:36 AM

Isn't it beautiful in the Ohio valley? Perfect reason to sit outside and stare in to space! LOL I am actually getting a lot done. I'm glad all your insurance worked out and we'll be on the other side very soon!

Sandra, not in the Twilight Zone today, yet! LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register