Almost 5 weeks & still no simple housework :( | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Almost 5 weeks & still no simple housework :( Almost 5 weeks & still no simple housework :(

Unread 08-16-2005, 01:54 PM
Almost 5 weeks & still no simple housework :(

I decided that I had been feeling a bit better - and my kitchen counters needed a once over - and I am paying for it today - and I REALLY didn't do that much!!

I guess it is two steps forward and one step back still... I told my mom I was sore - and she offered to come and help... but it is still fustrating... I was planning on cooking my first meal for hubby tonight - but nope... won't happen now... and he SOO deserves a good meal... he is VERY understanding so that helps...

Oh well - it just means I have more time for my studies as I won't be doing a lot...

I guess I still need more time to heal before I can do the most basic cleaning stuff...

Hugs!

Shauna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2005, 01:57 PM

5 weeks - Oh my goodness - I am only 5 days out of surgery and am already nuts with stuff I could be doing around the house - eeeeeeeeekkkkkkkk
Unread 08-16-2005, 02:15 PM

Hi Shauna!
Hey.....you have to test the waters sometime, right?
Isn't it amazing that such a "simple" chore can have such bad consequences! Continue to take it easy . Maybe cleaning the counters won't be such a big deal in a week or two.

Take care,
Jennifer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2005, 04:12 PM

I sure hope so!! Oh well - no excuse for not getting some school work done eh?

Hugs!

Shauna
Unread 08-16-2005, 04:41 PM

I am only what~~6 days out and I am bored to death!! I need out of this HOUSE!

Take it easy~~

GA
Unread 08-16-2005, 05:07 PM

Hi Shauna and ladies,

Well it sounds like we're all starting to get soem cabin fever as we start to feel a little better. Been there done that also! Yep we all have to test the boundaries, we wouln't be women if we didn't! So long as when it hurts you stop and listen to your bodies.

Take care everyone and happy healing.........Karen
Unread 08-16-2005, 05:16 PM

Same day surgery as you... did you get emotional yet?? Today I found myself crying over the littlest things!
Unread 08-16-2005, 06:56 PM
Confessions of a slattern...LOL

I am still on strict activity restrictions--after 10 weeks! My house looks disgusting. (DH and DD do try to help, but it's not the same!!)

When we moved here in early July, the movers just left our living room furniture randomly scattered around the room---AND it is still there. The bookcases are empty and look really dumb, and the garage is completely clogged with unpacked boxes. (I am almost afraid to open some of them!). Don't get me started on what the yard looks like! I hesitate to guess what the neighbours are thinking...

Hopefully, I will be allowed to do stuff in another 2 weeks--or we may all be buried in our own rubbish!

Thanks for letting me vent,
Laura
Unread 08-16-2005, 09:57 PM

Ok - so I shouldn't really complain about 5 weeks huh? Hugs! Hopefully you get released to do stuff soon... I will take if fairly easy until I get the go ahead next week at the 6 week checkup... until then - I have NO excuse not to be going my homework eh?

And it is time to get back to it - NOW!!

Hugs!

Shauna
Unread 08-16-2005, 10:49 PM

Ladies, you have just had major surgery! What's the rush to get back into the normal routine? Give your body some time to heal...the other stuff can wait. It is not going anywhere! Believe me, you need to pamper and give your body some time to heal! I have been "sent to the recliner" more times than I care to admit.

The cleaning and other stuff can wait...you are the most important thing right now! Your body will continue to heal for the next 6 mo. to a year. You only have one chance to heal...slow down, take time to smell the roses! It is OK! Put that "Superwoman" cape back on the bedpost and pamper yourselves!

Life is good!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register