Lots of questions | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lots of questions Lots of questions

Unread 08-27-2005, 09:45 AM
Lots of questions

Hi,

I have some questions I'm hoping someone can help me with. Does anyone else get numbness in their belly? It's been 11 days since surgery and I get a lot of numbness, especially after sitting. Also, I was getting something like bladder spasms or something, very painful after urinating. My surgi-strips got wet yesterday, think it's ok to take them off? Just got my electric back on from the hurricane, we were miserable here in the heat! Thought there were more questions, can't think now. Ok, well take care!

Wendy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2005, 09:51 AM
Lots of questions

Hello Wendy... sore you are hitting a few bumps in the road...

I am numb in a large area of my lower belly 24/7... feeling at the muscle level but nothing at the skin - a nerve can take a while to grow back... if the numbness comes and goes then give your doc a call...

As for the bladder - give your doc a call and make sure you don't have a UTI... better safe than sorry...

Glad you have your AC back on... I survive with mine and hibernate in my bedroom where it is...

Hugs!

Shauna
Unread 08-27-2005, 10:06 AM
Lots of questions

Hi Wendy, , I did suffer from a bladder infection as I left hospital and I had a course of antibiotics, but still had spasms which went on for nearly 8 weeks post op ( worse when empting a very full bladder), do check with your doctor. I am still numb around the incision line 4 months post op. Rest and walk to get well soon, Hugs Pippa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2005, 10:14 AM
Lots of questions

Hi Wendy, it's ok if your steri strips get wet just dry them. My dr told me to take them off between 2-3wks, they eventually start peeling around the edges. My dr also told me that the numbness and swelling take quite a long time to go away since the nerves and muscles were cut. A friend of mine who had a TAH a year ago still feels slight numbness around her scar, but not as much. As far as the bladder spasms, I smoetimes get twinges(?spasms) especially with a full bladder.
Unread 08-27-2005, 05:58 PM
Lots of questions

yep all around my incision is numb and i am 4 weeks post op, i have heard that it can take up to a year for all the feeling to come back and some people stay numb i have bladder issues also but my issue is that i have to push really hard to pee and it takes a long time to go.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register