Just to let you all know... | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just to let you all know... Just to let you all know...

Unread 09-15-2005, 07:22 AM
Just to let you all know...

Well, ok, I thought I'd better let you all in on this since I really don't know what to expect for the most part and since you have all been wonderfully supportive of me during this time of my life.
I had checkup with Dr (PCP) on Monday. I got brave and told him ALL that was going on inside my body with the pain in my lower right side still being there and over the past weekend, it feels like it has spread. It's been so painful that it feels like everything is tied up together in rubber bands and then even if I rest all day, by the evening it all feels like it is going to fall out. The pressure feels like it causes my vagina to feel puffy or swollen. Sex has been great, but I am feeling twinges of pain here and there. And I can't vary any positions because it feels better being on my back. In fact, the ONLY thing that helps all of this is to lay completely flat all the time.
The worst part of it is that this week I feel like I did PRE surgery. The chest pain is back, the breathing is harder and although I don't feel as much pressure like I am going to "blow up" like I did then (that was because they said my uterus was twice the size it should have been with the tumors in it), the other things going on remind me of that. I feel like I have no energy, am tired still all the time even with iron tabs and it is hard to keep anything in my body. It threatens to either come back up (I don't vomit, and just pass out instead), or runs out the bottom. I feel a pressure on my rectum nearly all day too. And of course, urinate alot and it is yellow- sometimes darker in the mornings.
I feel like "getting better" passed me over completely after my hyst.
So anyway, he said that there IS somethign wrong as that pain should have gone away by now and I've had it still consistenly at every appt with both Dr and Surgeon. So they talked together and I go in for CT scan tomorrow and blood tests and he promised we would find out what is going on in there.
I've had four CT scans before when I was younger (for my heart and deafness, and one for GERD diagnosis) so this is pretty much old hat, but I am sure things have changed. I got the "vomit juice" to drink beforehand. Sorry, but that stuff is nasty and it's the only thing I can name it.
Dr said it could be one of a few things that come to his mind right away- adhesions, ulcer, or both causing problems. He doesn't think it is hernia, but said we will find out for sure. But whatever it is, they said we will get it fixed, so I really don't know if that means by surgery or not. If it does, then let's get in there and do it asap.
I want my life back. And so far, my life consists of staying home and resting. But I know God has His plans for me and if that was one part of it, then I just have to deal with it. I sure hope part of His plan was for me to get well again !!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2005, 07:25 AM

Good luck on your upcoming tests and scans. It sounds as though your doc is commited to finding the answers.
I will keep you in my prayers, that the docs get this resolved.
hugs
snickers
Unread 09-15-2005, 07:28 AM

Gosh you've been thru alot! my thoughts and prayers are with you in your quest to find some answers!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2005, 07:34 AM

So sorry to hear you are going through all of this. Yep, I would call it "vomit juice" too. I had to take that stuff when I had a post op infection, the first day I could handle that nasty stuff, but by the second day and being on 2 I.V. antibiotics and feeling sick to my stomach, I couldn't finish the 3rd cup of it. Told the nurse it was everything I could do to get 2 in me, and if I drank any of the 3rd cup I was going to vomit and we would be back to ground nada. So they didn't make me drink the 3rd cup....THANK GOD! I'm with you, I have surgery next week to fix a problem with my vaginal cuff, and I am actually looking forward to it. Like you said, "just to get my life back." I am definitely not in constant pain, only with relations with DH, so my heart really goes out to you. I was so glad when they found something with me, because then I knew "we could fix things", so hopefully they find something, so they can correct the problem and you can resume your life. I pray it is something minor and your road to recovery speeds along! GOD BLESS you and my thoughts and prayers are with you. Just keep us posted! HUGS!
Unread 09-15-2005, 12:14 PM

Here's to hoping they find what the problem is AND fix it!

When my DH used to get lots of CTs they used to mix that fun stuff with Countrytime Lemonade. To this day he won't drink lemonade at all.

You are in our prayers.
Unread 09-15-2005, 12:28 PM

I sure hope things get better for you soon. You've had enough problems for a while.
Unread 09-15-2005, 12:51 PM

At our hospital they mix it with Gatorade.

I am happy you have a doctor that listens to his patients, I hope you get answers and are feeling better soon.

GA

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register