Im so nervous!!!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Im so nervous!!!! Im so nervous!!!!

Unread 11-25-2011, 10:25 AM
Im so nervous!!!!

Ok, So I am 27 years old and i have been battling cervical dysplasia since I was 20. I was diagnosed with CIN III back in 2005 and they did a LEEP procedure to remove it. All was well, I had my daughters (ages 4 and 22 months) but both pregnancies were high risk. Then this past Halloween the Dr called to say that my results from my biposies came in and its CIN III (Carcinoma in situ) again. So they sent me to another DR the day before thanksgiving and he says that a hysterectomy is in my best interest because I have recurring CIN III, endometriosis, and I am finished having kids. The surgery is scheduled for Dec 13. I am actually OK with the thought of having the surgery, but I am getting so nervous as to how am I going to be able to take care of my babies, Im in the military so my husband and I are no where near family, or how I am going to be able to function afterwards.... Any help would be much appreciated!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2011, 06:16 PM
Re: Im so nervous!!!!

From what I understand the military has an extensive support system for their members and families. Perhaps if you put the word out you will get volunteers of assistance with meals, etc. if you belong to a church that can be a good support system as well. That's if you don't mind everyone knowing about your surgery... Personally that would make me a little uncomfortable but lots of people do it. You will need some help with your little ones. You will be doing very little for a week or two and you won't be able to pick them up for 6 weeks or longer. Wishing you the best.
Unread 11-25-2011, 06:58 PM

You definitely need to line up support. Your body will be exhausted from surgery. The demands of two small children on top of major surgery could have negative results. Start talking to friends today - teenage girls, stay-at-home moms, grandmas, etc. I think you will find many people willing to assist & have an opportunity to develop some wonderful friendships. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2011, 08:14 PM

I am so sorry you are dealing with this! This surgery is a lot to go through. I echo what the other sisters have said - you will need help with your children, as well as your household in general. The surgery makes you very fatigued and sore, and you will need to rest.

I hope you can line up some help. The sisters' suggestions were good ones. Good luck.

(((HUGS)))
Unread 11-25-2011, 08:20 PM

Thank you ladies do much! It's hard to reach out and ask for help, I feel like its a failure on my part that I'm not able to do something! I know that's not a good way of looking at things, but I have always had to be the "strong" one. I have downplayed everything to my family back home so they didn't worry, but inside I feel super overwhelmed! My husband has been very supportive through out this whole ordeal and says he will make sure I'm taken care of when he has to go back to work afterwards, but on the inside I still kind of feel like a failure... I guess I thought I was super woman but this has definitely put me in my place! Lol Thank y'all again for the wonderful suggestions and I will definitely swallow my pride and ask for help!
Unread 11-25-2011, 08:35 PM

The site is filled with strong, independent women. And it is hard to ask for help - but you will need it. Keep in mind that once you are home from surgery, you will not feel like doing much of anything. And, you will need to rest, rest, rest, to heal right. You only get once chance to do that. So, become the pampered princess.

Hugs to you.....
Unread 11-25-2011, 09:06 PM

While not military, I live and work in a city that is military. Can you contact the spouse's group or the like? They can be a big help. Also if you have a base hospital, maybe they can recommend a home visit for a few days if you need personal help. Usually there is daycare on base, too. I wish you the best of luck!
Unread 11-25-2011, 11:46 PM

*huge hugs*
I don't have any knowledge of military life, but I hope you can line up some help & support.
I'll keep you in my thoughts & prayers, you've been through a lot!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register