LAVH Back pain | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-21-2013, 08:20 AM
Back pain

I am more than 2 weeks post op and I retrrned to work this week. I have had a relatively easy recovery. Work was fine until yesterday. My back started aching. I decided to go home early and rest. I began having some pelvic pain in the evening that eventually subsided. This morning there is no improvement with the back ache. Has anyone had this same issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2013, 08:54 AM
Re: Back pain

Two weeks seems awfully soon to return to work. A lot of healing is still going on inside. Perhaps your body is trying to tell you? I hope you feel better soon!
Unread 03-21-2013, 12:14 PM

It's been 4 1-2 weeks since my hysterectomy kept ovaries and had pelvic prolapse so had other organ repair. Have had back issues myself going to chiropractor . Numbness in butt and down legs he says nerve issues cause of organ shifting . Still bleeding too and have vaginal swelling according to dr. Recovering hard so bored laying around can't to much. I don't work but can't be active cause if swelling and bleeding. I have to believe in time and it takes time things will repair themselves we all recover differently. Blessing to you as you do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2013, 12:18 PM

You're not the only one! I'm two weeks out and my back is killing me. Well, it's better now that I'm not sitting up too much and wearing my binder all the time again. I feel good walking, and lying flat, but if I try to sit too long, my back starts screaming. Which is odd because my giant incision feels fine!
Unread 03-22-2013, 01:51 PM

Violets: I went and had a massage today. Good friend of mine has business and is wonderful. She didnt do the deep tissue like I usually get, but said my lower back muscle so tight and she feels it's not only from surgery but all the laying and especially sitting around. It's so bad for the muscles sitting alot. Try a massages if you can. I am going to try and go once a week at my friends suggestion, at least while Im still recovering.

My husband and I are suppose to go on a Meditterean cruise in Sept that we won thur his business. And I am praying I am good by then and not this 6 mons thing some are talking about.

I feel so badly for everyoone. Hard to hear of so many suffering.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register