Mini-period and cramping? What the heck? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Mini-period and cramping?  What the heck? Mini-period and cramping? What the heck?

Unread 11-21-2013, 06:07 PM
Mini-period and cramping? What the heck?

I am 2 weeks post op LSH and started getting cramps this morning. I am also spotting quite a bit. It is time for my period. When I had my ablation I was the lucky small % who still got a period and now it appears I am in the luck % who gets to have a mini period. And what about these cramps? Does a cervix cramp? I am hoping maybe I just overdid it and this is a one time only thing. Ugh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2013, 07:42 PM
Re: Mini-period and cramping? What the heck?

Does a cervix cramp? I asked the same question last week. : ) I too started spotting and had cramps and it would have been time for my period. The doctor used silver nitrate to stop the bleeding and it helped, so I guess I will have to wait til next month to see if it returns. I must say that the bleeding and cramps were nothing compared to what they were pre-surgery.
Unread 11-21-2013, 11:15 PM

Here here, but I was hoping that would be gone gone gone. I don't even really need a pad (just a bit bloody when I wipe) but I took Midol tonight. Never thought I would have to take that again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2013, 05:49 PM

Im with you ladies I was told NO MORE PERIODS!!! I feel like that was part of the deal lol! It is during my cycle time also. My surgery was about 17 days ago. Not as heavy as usual either. I called the dr. Office today and he is out of town appt. for Dec. 5 unless things get worst I can come in earlier to see a different doctor !!
Unread 11-22-2013, 07:16 PM

Hello Ladies I am now 8 weeks post Lsh but on my third week I thought I was having a not so mini period which included blood clots and somewhat heavy bleeding. I went to see my Gyn and after an internal exam she said it was post op discharge and not menstrual bleeding. Since that time I haven't had any bleeding at all. I am well past the time for my period and it has not shown up. Im keeping my fingers crossed that this what you all are experiencing. Best wishes on your recovery. This truly has been the best decision I've ever made. I love the new me.
Unread 11-22-2013, 07:24 PM
Mini-period and cramping? What the heck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexy1012 View Post
Hello Ladies I am now 8 weeks post Lsh but on my third week I thought I was having a not so mini period which included blood clots and somewhat heavy bleeding. I went to see my Gyn and after an internal exam she said it was post op discharge and not menstrual bleeding. Since that time I haven't had any bleeding at all. I am well past the time for my period and it has not shown up. Im keeping my fingers crossed that this what you all are experiencing. Best wishes on your recovery. This truly has been the best decision I've ever made. I love the new me.

That's encouraging information. After all the pain and bleeding that we endured, the last thing you want is more pain and bleeding, even if its a small amount. 'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed.
Unread 11-22-2013, 08:34 PM

Thank you! I am hoping that this is a one time thing!
Unread 11-26-2013, 10:46 PM

I just had something similar today. This morning as I was peeing and just as I happened to glance at my "My Days" app widget on my cell phone home page I thought "wow, I'd normally be spotting by now since I would be due for my period in 2 days." Totally jinxed myself. As I wiped, I saw pink.. Tried not to think about it and just put on a pantyliner and forgot about it until the next time I went to the bathroom and there was a little more blood on the tissue. Tried to call the dr but they were gone for the day. Nothing this evening except for a spot of maybe a reddish/tan discharge in the toilet. I will call the dr in the morning, but I too am SO hoping this is maybe a suture that came to the surface or something - and just a one-time thing..
Unread 11-27-2013, 06:32 AM

Had DvTH 3 wks ago. I had a little fresh blood a couple of days ago, And I've had cramps this week. Looked at the calendar and it was "that" time. Now I'm REALLY ticked off & worried b/c I did not keep my cervix. I also feel like that was part of the deal! If I end up w mini periods, someone better do something. I got rid if the cervix for that reason! I'm steaming mad right now.
Unread 11-27-2013, 06:58 AM

im going to 3 years after mine I had a full, but I still get breast tenderness, moody, and cramps still once a month the bleeding goes away. its just discharge. but the other stuff I still have and I have egg white discharge once a month and don't understand ince I don't have overys

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register